The sun’s out, I’m not wearing socks (FOOT FREEDOM!), I am wearing coral lipstick, and the eye look I tried this morning did not result in a complete disaster…
Yeah, it’s been a terrific Tuesday so far. 🙂
Today I felt springy and, I dunno, kinda smokey, so this purply brown smokey eye with soft cat eye liner happened.
Note to self: do this liner more often! It’s fairly easy — just black eye pencil with a dark shimmery purple shadow blended on top with a pencil brush — and it takes about half the time as a super crisp black cat liner, otherwise known as “the time-suck of my makeup existence.”
As a side, am I the only person who regularly attempts black cat liner when there’s, like, absolutely no time to get ready, and then inevitably ends up with their two tiny kitten flicks morphing into huge, unsymmetrical bat wings that don’t match?
Siri, remind me to wear soft cat eyeliner like this the next time I need to be saved from myself.
Oh! — this look was also an excuse to try a few new products from Benefit, Dior and Smashbox.
Some quick notes…
- Benefit’s new Roller Lash curling mascara — This stuff is black, and glossy, and it lifts and curls lashes, but you absolutely, positively must comb out your lashes while they’re wet; otherwise, they’ll stick together like mean girls in the cafeteria.
- Dior’s Nude Air Serum Foundation — This lightweight, medium-coverage hybrid skin care serum/foundation looks amazing on the skin. My homegirl at Sephora hooked me up (‘sup Nini!) with a fatty-bo-batty sample in shade 040, and when I finish it…I’m probably gonna throw down 53 large ($53) for a full-size replacement.
Yeah, that good.
- Smashbox Double Exposure Palette — Yep, these gorgeous, mostly cool-toned shades are a dream to blend.
Key products I’m wearing in this look
- Chanel Les 4 Ombres Eyeshadow in Poesie (I wet the dark purple shade and used it for the cat eyeliner)
- Smashbox Double Exposure Palette (Beige shade buffed all over the lids, and the purple and brown shades swept into the crease)
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Tan
- Diorskin Nude Air Serum Foundation in 040 Honey Beige
- MAC Lip Pencil in Fruit Cocktail
- MAC Lipstick in Ravishing
- NARS Dual Intensity Blush in Panic (I mixed both shades together)
- NARS Dual Intensity Blush in Jubilation (peach shade applied as a highlighter)
- Rimmel Natural Bronzer in 033 Sun Bronze
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Feline Gaze Eye Pencil in Salome
Wouldn’t this be super cute with a big, messy bun, pearl earrings and a floral-print dress? Next time someone invites me to high tea (hint, hint… LET’S DO IT!!!), I’m gonna rock it.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,