I’ve been obsessively collecting these creamy twist-up lip pencil liners for years, and I think my lips are better for it.
The regular MAC Lip Pencil line has some stellar colors, but I find myself missing my Cremesticks when my lips feel dry. Softer, smoother and slightly thicker than the Lip Pencils, the Cremesticks are all about comfort and hydration, which makes ’em perfect for lip TLC.
I love them layered beneath glosses, both to increase gloss wear time and to alter (and invent new) colors; I do it all the time with Lipglasses, Cremesheen Glasses and the LipgelÃ©es.
MAC Cremestick Liner swatches from the left: Beurre, Creamola, Gingerroot, Honey B., Pink Treat, Red Enriched, Sublime Culture and Summerfruit
Pinkish caramel Sublime Culture (goes with almost everything!), Pink Treat (a cool pink), pale coral Summerfruit and dirty plum Beurre are some of my personal faves, along with a now discontinued pinkish plum with shimmer called Gingerroot that I absolutely adore. I have one last stick of it left, and when that one gives up the ghost, I plan to pour a 40 on the sidewalk in its honor…
My love for it runs THAT deep.
Straight up, if you’re looking for a new lip liner and want something more hydrating than most, check out the MAC Cremesticks when you get the chance.
Making Tyra proud…
FIERCE! The MBB pet modeling community has taken the beauty and fashion worlds by storm! Here’s another batch of brilliant up-and-comers photographed with their tubes of MAC Evolution Revolution Lipglass.
Don’t be surprised if you see them gracing the pages of Allure or Vogue soon.
When Zeus, who has the most amazing eyes, isn’t busy keeping his colleagues on Mount Olympus in line, he likes to lounge around with his assistant Helen…
Ella likes to practice striking poses for Mary as many as 10 times per day
Doesn’t Nicky, Laura’s kitty colleague and BFF, look oh-so-chic dressed in black?
Does your pet deserve a career in pet modeling? If you think think they have what it takes, e-mail a pic of him/her posing with a tube of MAC Evolution Revolution to me at karen_at_makeupandbeautyblog_dot_com, or send it to me via Facebook or Twitter.
In other news, I’m conference bound! Yup, tomorrow morning I leave for San Diego to attend something called BlogHer.
It’s a three-day conference organized by one of the world’s largest blogging networks. I’ve never been before, but the courses sounded great.
- Cyberbullying Isn’t Just for Teens: What to Do if You’re the Victim of Trolls, Haters… and Worse
- Your Perfect Imperfections: Blogging Your Way to Self-Acceptance
- Essential Writing and Editing Skills
- Food Photography That Will Feed Your Soul
- Old-School Bloggers: Beginner to Big-Time to Burnout and Everywhere in Between
- Perfecting Product Reviews
- Owning Your Beauty: If We Change the Conversation, Can We Change the Culture?
- Uncharted Territory: Video Storyboarding and Scripting for the Writer
Most blogging conferences focus on some of the technical aspects of blogging, like search engine optimization, CSS and other oh-so-exciting stuff, but based on the course descriptions, (I’m hoping) BlogHer takes a more holistic approach. Of course, you can bet I’ll be sharing the experience with you. I’m bringing a bunch of beauty products with me that I plan to review for travel worthiness, and also have some giveaways and guest posts lined up. I’m bringing all of my usual gear with me — cameras, computers, gizmos and whatnot — so I’ll be able to talk with you from there.
I’m just in the middle of packing right now (yes, I’m using my packing list). CVS/pharmacy is helping cover my costs for the trip, and some of my coverage over the next few days will be sponsored by them.
Now, I have to figure out how to fit 45 tubes of lipgloss into a small sandwich bag.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
The MAC Unsung Heroes series features some of my favorite products from MAC’s permanent collection
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Sable Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Soft Ochre Paint Pot
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Ricepaper Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Heroes: This Cremesheen Glass Is a Veritable Deelight
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Lipglass in Spite
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Impassioned Lipstick (and Watermelon)
- MAC Unsung Heroes: This Lip Pencil Is In Synch
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Soba Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Bombshell Lipstick
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Sunbasque Sheertone Shimmer Blush
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Clear Lipglass
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Humid Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Naked Lunch Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Russian Red Lipglass
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Syrup Lipstick
- MAC Unsung Heroes: MAC Blushbaby Blush
- MAC Unsung Heroes: MAC Vex Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Costa Chic Lipstick
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Fast Response Eye Cream
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Strobe Cream
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Blot Powder/Pressed
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Subculture Lip Pencil
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Soft Brown Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Hero: Woodwinked Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Hero: Powersurge Eye Kohl
- MAC Unsung Heroes: All That Glitters Eyeshadow Is Not Just Another Gold
- MAC Unsung Heroes: The Technakohl Liners
- MAC Unsung Hero: Groundwork Paint Pot
- MAC Unsung Hero: Nymphette Lipglass
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Viva Glam V
- MAC Unsung Hero: Blacktrack Fluidline
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Lychee Luxe Lipglass
- MAC Unsung Hero: Gorgeous Gold Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Hero: Patina Eyeshadow