What I wouldn’t give to learn the story behind the name of today’s MAC Unsung Hero, Naked Lunch ($14.50).
Was there really a lunch in which the attendees were naked (eww!)? If so, I wonder what was on the menu… I assume that soups and other hot foods were absent, as well as beans and cheeses that encourage, um, bloat.
I’m all for culinary adventures, but when it comes to my lunches, I think I’ll stick to wearing clothes and this powder shadow from MAC’s permanent line.
When I need something foolproof to wear with my favorite browns, I often reach for Naked Lunch. It casts a candlelit glow on my skin that ignores my fine lines, and it blends like a makeup dream.
On me, it’s a champagne peachy pink with a subtle sheen — a demure, slightly warmer, less glittery version of Stila Kitten, perhaps, and its flexibility could rival Olympic gymnasts! I wear it as a lid color (fab for a wide-eyed look), as a highlighter along my brow bone, at the inner corners, and sometimes even as a face highlighter.
Swatch of Naked Lunch with the flash
Without the flash
Wearing Naked Lunch on eyes with MAC Teddy Eye Kohl along the waterlines and MAC Soft Brown Eyeshadow in the crease
A few MAC shades that seem to play well with it include… Shale, Coquette, Trax, Mulch, Swiss Chocolate, Wedge, Saddle, Sable, Soft Brown, Patina, Brownborder, Teddy and Folie — basically anything brown, bronze, taupe or plum complements it nicely.
Some days I’ll wear a wash of Naked Lunch on my lids with MAC Soft Brown Eyeshadow in the crease and a bronzy brown liner like MAC Powersurge Eye Kohl along my waterlines. Then, at night, I’ll swap out Powersurge for something darker and sultry, like MAC Feline or Teddy Eye Kohl.
There’s a time and a place for glitter, but not at this Naked Lunch. For a refined look to pair with neutrals, you might give this appetizer a try.
The MAC Unsung Heroes series features some of my favorite products from MAC’s permanent collection
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Russian Red Lipglass
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Syrup Lipstick
- MAC Unsung Heroes: MAC Blushbaby Blush
- MAC Unsung Heroes: MAC Vex Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Strobe Cream
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Blot Powder/Pressed
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Subculture Lip Pencil
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Soft Brown Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Hero: Woodwinked Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Hero: Powersurge Eye Kohl
- MAC Unsung Heroes: All That Glitters Eyeshadow Is Not Just Another Gold
- MAC Unsung Heroes: The Technakohl Liners
- MAC Unsung Hero: Groundwork Paint Pot
- MAC Unsung Hero: Nymphette Lipglass
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Viva Glam V
- MAC Unsung Hero: Blacktrack Fluidline
- MAC Unsung Heroes: Lychee Luxe Lipglass
- MAC Unsung Hero: Gorgeous Gold Eyeshadow
- MAC Unsung Hero: Patina Eyeshadow
Don’t look back in anger (I heard you say)
Ohmigosh! I feel like an experimental aircraft test pilot this week. The days are zooming by at mach 13!
How’s your day coming along? I’m hanging in there. I’ve been humming to Oasis all day long. Remember Don’t Look Back in Anger? I think Tabs is starting to get sick of it, but too bad. Mommy likes it.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,