There’s an old saying that goes, “all that glitters is not gold.” And it’s true, because sometimes All That Glitters is more like a shimmery golden beige.
I’m totally kicking myself for not getting to know MAC All That Glitters eyeshadow ($14.50) sooner. It’s been a member of the MAC permanent posse for years but just moseyed into my life last week.
A real team player
Ladies, this powder shadow is the BOMB DOT COM! Like a purse that goes with everything, it’s super flexible. I’ve been trying to stump it for a week, wearing it with other products in brown, beige, peach, taupe, bronze, pink and gold, but I have yet to find a color All That Glitters doesn’t like.
Able to work alone
Even though it’s not afraid of complicated eye looks with lots of steps and colors, it still looks great on its own. For a fast and fresh work-friendly look, I’ve been using it as a wash on the lid with a wee bit of black eyeliner (see it in action here).
The MAC Unsung Heroes series highlights some of my favorite tried-and-true products from the MAC makeup line, products like…
All That Glitters applies easily, too (easy like Sunday morning), with a smooth texture that blends like a charm. It melts into other colors almost like it was made to mingle, and the energy it saves has been super handy since I haven’t been getting enough sleep.
MAC All That Glitters: Try it with any of these colors…
- MAC Soft Brown Eyeshadow ($14.50): a warm orangey brown matte
- MAC Bronze Eyeshadow ($14.50): a shimmery golden brown with bronze
- MAC Cork Eyeshadow ($14.50): a muted golden brown with a satin finish
- MAC Duck Powerpoint Eye Pencil ($14.50): a soft grayish brown
- MAC Romp ($14.50): a frosty golden chocolate
- MAC Bountiful Brown Powerpoint Eye Pencil ($14.50): a brownish bronze
- MAC Club Eyeshadow ($14.50): a reddish brown with green pearl
- MAC Brule Eyeshadow ($14.50): a creamy beige with a satin finish
- MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow ($14.50): a creamy beige matte
- MAC Orb Eyeshadow ($14.50): a soft peachy beige satin
- MAC Coquette Eyeshadow ($14.50): a grayish taupe with a satin finish
- MAC Wedge Eyeshadow ($14.50): a soft muted beige-y taupe matte
- MAC Expensive Pink Eyeshadow($14.50): a shimmery golden pink
- MAC Era Eyeshadow ($14.50): a soft golden beige with shimmer
- MAC Old Gold Pigment ($19.50): a frosty tarnished gold
- MAC Woodwinked Eyeshadow ($14.50): a warm antiqued gold with pearl
- MAC Motif Eyeshadow ($14.50): a frosty golden peach with pink pearl
- MAC Amber Lights Eyeshadow ($14.50): a shimmery peachy brown
- MAC Vanilla Eyeshadow ($14.50): an ivory peach with reflective glitter
- MAC Vapour Eyeshadow ($14.50): a peachy pink with violet pearl
- MAC Powersurge Eye Kohl ($14.50): a shimmery bronzy brown
- MAC Honesty Eyeshadow ($14.50): a pewtered bronze with a lustre finish
- MAC Honey Lust Eyeshadow ($14.50): a bronzy peach with a lustre finish
All That Glitters on NC35 skin
Have you met All That Glitters?
If you have, how did it go, and what did you wear it with?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,