Hola, ladies. Have you heard Katy Perry’s California Gurls? It put me in the mood for my makeup today, a summery look using products from MAC To The Beach. It’s a coral and green eye with a bright orangey bronze cheek and glossy orange lips, loosely based on the MAC promo picture from the collection.
Le recipe (all are from MAC To The Beach unless otherwise noted)…
MAC Painterly Paint Pot as an eyeshadow base
Sand & Sun, or another matte peach shadow
Firecracker, or another shimmery coral shadow
Rosemary & Thyme Eye Kohl, or another shimmery green liner
Humid, or another shimmery green shadow
MAC Fix+, or another makeup setting spray
Sweet & Punchy , or another shimmery light green shadow
A black mascara like MAC Pro Longlash in Pitchblack
Get-Away Bronze, or another shimmery bronze blush
Hipness, or another shimmery coral blush
Refined Golden Bronzing Powder, or another shimmery bronzer
Temperature Rising Lip Pencil, or another orange lip liner
Beachbound Lipstick, or another sheer peach lipstick
Easy Lounger Lipglass, or another sheer shimmery peachy pink gloss
Far left: MAC Painterly Paint Pot; Top Row: MAC Painterly Paint Pot, Sand & Sun Eyeshadow, Firecracker Eyeshadow, Rosemary & Thyme Eyeshadow, Humid Eyeshadow, Sweet & Punchy Eyeshadow, MAC Pro Longlash in Pitchblack; Bottom Row: Get-Away Bronze, Hipness Blush, Refined Golden Bronzing Powder, Temperature Rising Lip Pencil, Beachbound Lipstick, Easy Lounger Lipglass
For more on MAC To The Beach…
- First, apply a thin layer of the eyeshadow primer over your entire eyelid with a finger.
- Then, with a flat eyeshadow brush like the MAC 252, pat the matte peach shadow over your entire eyelid.
- Next, draw a thick line along your upper lash line with the shimmery green liner, extending it past the lash line for a winged cat eye.
- With a small angled brush like the MAC 266, pat the shimmery green shadow directly on top of the liner.
- Clean off your angled brush, and then wet it with your makeup setting spray; use the wet brush head to apply the shimmery coral shadow parallel to the green liner.
- Then, with a flat eye defining brush like the MAC 212, apply the shimmery light green shadow to the lower water line.
- Finish your eyes by curling your lashes and applying two layers of black mascara to the tops and bottoms.
Cheeks and Lips
- WOOT! We’re just about done! Grab your blush brush, and sweep a mix of your shimmery bronze and coral blushes to the apples of your cheeks.
- Clean off the brush head by wiping it against a towel; use the same blush to apply the shimmery bronzer along the lower curve of your cheek (just below the apple), across the forehead, down the bridge of your nose and along your jawline.
- Complete the look by filling in your lips with the orange lip liner, applying one layer of sheer peach lipstick before layering the shimmery peachy pink gloss on top.
Oh, any time you’re doing your makeup and feel like sharing what you’ve been up to, grab that camera of yours, snap a few quick shots, and email them to me. I always love to see the looks you come up with. It’s one of the reasons I love blogging and makeup.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,