Well, ladies, spring was allegedly on the menu until these storm clouds blew into town…
Come on, Mother Nature, what’s the deal? Where are my 80-degree days? I want hotness, so I can read my gossip mags while I sip iced tea by a swimming pool and daydream about MAC To The Beach. 🙂
MAC To The Beach Makeup Look Featuring a Bit of Blue for a Rainy Spring Day
Today I’m wearing my new “I’m living in complete denial about the weather” makeup look, which features gold, peach, coral, blue and bronze.
Even though it still makes use of some of the brighter colors from the MAC To The Beach collection (among other things like these and this), I think it’s a little daytime-friendlier than the orange and green liner look I tried last weekend.
If you decide to give this or something similar a try, please share any suggestions for duplicate or similar products you discover. Substitutions are ALWAYS welcome (a girl’s gotta have options!). 🙂
Grab your board, girl, and let’s ditch this rain! You know where we’re headed…
Products I used (from MAC To The Beach unless otherwise noted)
- Urban Decay Eden Primer Potion
- Expensive Pink Eyeshadow, a shimmery golden pink from the permanent collection (NOTE: If pink eyeshadows make you look like you’ve been crying, try substituting with a shimmery gold)
- Brownborder Technakohl Liner, a dark matte brown liner from the permanent collection
- Float On By Eye Kohl, a shimmery blue
- Pro Longlash Mascara in Pitchblack, a jet black mascara from the permanent collection
- Lustre Drops in Sun Rush, a shimmery golden peach highlighter
- Hipness Blush, a shimmery coral
- Weekend Cream Bronzer, a shimmery warm brown with pink and golden pearl
- Funbathing Cremesheen Lipstick, a shimmery bronzy plum
Top row: Urban Decay Eden Primer Potion, Expensive Pink Eyeshadow, Brownborder Technakohl Liner, Float On By Eye Kohl, Pro Longlash Mascara; Bottom row: Sun Rush Lustre Drops, Hipness Blush, Weekend Cream Bronzer, Funbathing Lipstick
- Kick things off by applying a thin layer of the eyeshadow primer over your entire eyelid with a finger.
- Next, grab a flat eyeshadow brush like the MAC 239, and sweep the shimmery golden pink eyeshadow over the entire eye, concentrating most of the color on the lid.
- Line your upper lash line with the brown pencil line, mellowing it out by smudging the edges with a MAC 214. OPTIONAL: You can tightline the upper lash line to make your lashes look thicker (here’s more on the process of tightlining).
- Add a pop of blue by lining both your lower water and lash lines with the shimmery blue eyeliner; soften the color along the lower lash line by gently smudging it with a pencil brush. I like the MAC 219.
- Clean your pencil brush before using it to apply the shimmery gold eyeshadow to the inner corner of your eye (around the tear duct); it really brightens things up.
- Finish by curling your lashes and applying two layers of black mascara to both sets (the top and bottom).
Cheeks and Lips
- Almost to the finish line, boo! With your trusty blush brush in hand, apply the shimmery coral blush to the apples of your cheeks.
- Make ’em glow by blending in a shimmery peachy gold highlighter along the tops of the cheeks, down the bridge of your nose.
- With a synthetic flat top brush like the Sonia Kashuk Flat Top Blusher Brush, sweep the bronzer along the curve at the bottom of your cheeks and along your jawline.
- Finish the look by applying a layer of the shimmery bronze lipstick to your lips.
Tada! Now, smile with your eyes, and pose for the mirror!
Good job. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,