If you’re the kind of person who fudges from time to time when it comes to applying lip products (um, yes, I am guilty of this), like, if you don’t always use a lip brush to precisely outline your lips — ding-ding-ding! Sharon will hook you up.
Sharon’s lip products from the mother-daughter MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne collection are all about shine. The Patentpolish Lip Pencils are shiny, the Lipglasses are shiny. There’s also a classic MAC Lip Pencil (that’s obviously not shiny), but the bulk of the release is Shine City!
We’re talking about sheer to moderately sheer coverage from these four Patentpolish Lip Pencils, two Lipglasses and one classic MAC Lip Pencil, so a good amount of your natural lip color will sneak through when you’re wearing them. Essentially, you have a lot of room for error. 🙂 (Read: you can mess things up pretty badly, and you’ll still look OK.)
It’s a sheerer, more neutral lip look than Kelly’s — very mom (and everyone) friendly — so if you like your lips nude and/or neutral, you’re in luck.
Check back a little later today for the Kelly sub-collection products.
The MAC Sharon Osbourne Lipglasses in Pussywillow and Bijou
Pussywillow is super sparkly!
And still pretty sheer. I see it as a good layering gloss.
As for Bijou, the other Lipglass in the Sharon launch, there’s something very MAC Spite Lipglass about it…if MAC Spite were blushing and brighter. Just your everyday rosy, dusty pink — perfectly pretty, but it doesn’t haunt my dreams.
The MAC Sharon Osbourne Patentpolish Lip Pencils in Innocent, Patentpink, French Kiss and Ruby
Lipstick for non-lipstick people, the Patentpolishes are sheer, shiny and uber-comfortable.
If Innocent and Patentpink, the lighter two of the four here, look familiar to you, you have a great eye. Both are re-promotes of Patentpolishes MAC released for spring.
For warm caramel French Kiss, the ’90s are calling! — when brown lips were all the rage. Except in this case, they aren’t matte or opaque. It’s a sheerer, shinier take on that classic ’90s look.
Ooh! I think both French Kiss and mid-toned rosy Ruby could be great neutrals for darker divas.
The MAC Sharon Osbourne Lip Pencil in Cranberry
I don’t know how I ever missed soft yellow pink Cranberry back when it was available before. A formerly discontinued color, Sharon gave it a new lease on life.
Perfect to pair with that warm pink lipstick you love. 🙂
The MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne Sharon sub-collection includes…
- Lipglass in Pussywillow, a light neutral gold, $16.50
- Lipglass in Bijou, a soft rose, $16.50
- Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Innocent, a nude beige, $21.50
- Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Patentpink, a washed-out lilac, $21.50
- Patentpolish Lip Pencil in French Kiss, a warm caramel, $21.50
- Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Ruby, a mid-tone rose, $21.50
- Lip Pencil in Cranberry, a soft yellow pink, $16.50
- Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Bountiful Brown, a brown rinsed with bronze, $17.50
- Duchess Quad with Femme Fatale (a golden brown with a Satin finish), Embark (a dark reddish brown with a Matte finish), Sexy Eyes (a soft warm bronze with a Veluxe Pearl finish) and Sweet Eyes (a light golden nude with a Veluxe Pearl finish), $44
- Mineralize Skinfinish Duo in Refresh, a light summer peach tan and a golden pink, $33
- Powder Blush in Peach & Cream, a satin mid-tone rose, $22
- Brush in 275SE, a medium angled shading brush, $27.50
- Brush in 167SE, a face blending brush, $38.50
Available online June 2 at maccosmetics.com, at all North American MAC locations June 12, 2014 through July 10, 2014, and internationally (except China) at select MAC locations August 2014.
Cranberry Lip Pencil and Bijou Lipglass are quickly becoming a new favorite neutral pink lip combo of mine.
If I were wearing my Justin Timberlake fedora right now, I’d tip it to Sharon for the lip products in this release. Pretty good job all around.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
Look, Mom! More MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne collection coverage…
- Food for Thought: 7 Lip Combos With the New MAC Sharon and Kelly Osbourne Collection
- The MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne Collection for Summer 2014: Kelly’s Lips
- The MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne Collection for Summer 2014: Kelly’s Eyes and Cheeks
- The MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne Collection for Summer 2014: Sharon’s Lips
- The MAC Sharon & Kelly Osbourne Collection for Summer 2014: Sharon’s Eyes & Cheeks