Maybe it’s ’cause I just got my hair dyed, and I haven’t been this close to my natural hair color in years, but I got the sudden urge this morning to also get back to my makeup roots, so I busted out a few of my nearest and dearest MAC friends.
The shades I’m wearing on my eyes today are some of the first MAC colors I picked up way back when I started collecting, and all of them are in the permanent line.
You know those tried-and-true shades that never let you down? Well, that’s what MAC Sable, Saddle, Shroom and Club are for me (and sometimes All That Glitters). I think of these guys as MAC classic colors.
Here’s a breakdown of the eyes, and all of the products are from MAC…
- Lids: All That Glitters Eye Shadow
- Crease: Saddle and Sable Eye Shadows
- Outer Corner: Carbon Eye Shadow
- Inner Corner and Brow bone: Shroom Eye Shadow
- Lash and water lines: Smolder Eye Khol
- Lower lash lines: Club Eye Shadow
- Lashes: Extended Play Gigablack Mascara
- Brows: Brun Eye Shadow
That’s my new favorite cheek combo, too — MAC Cantaloupe Blush topped with MAC Golden Bronze Iridescent Powder/Loose worn as a highlighter.
Because I thought the eyes were already pretty busy, I wanted to keep my lips simpler, so I just did a swipe of Fulfilled Plushglass.
Anybody else wearing classic MAC today?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,