Like the hulking, crazy-eyed dog next door that barks and pulls at its leash when it crosses your path, or the mean girl bully in second grade who corners you in the girl’s bathroom at recess, red eyeshadow can sense your fear…
Today I fully intended to put MAC’s Strike While Haute matte red eyeshadow from the Red Red Red collection to good use, but then I chickened out…
It’s just so dang red, homie!
Eventually, I think I’ll be able to psych myself up to try it. I just need a couple more days to build up the courage. I keep hearing that it can look amazing on lids when done right…
Of course, it’s that last part — “when done right” — that has me a little nervous, LOL!
Instead, for my makeup today, I ended up using some other pieces from MAC’s new crimson collection — pearlescent pink champagne Lustre Eye Shadow in Give Me Fire (watch out for the fallout with this one ’cause it’s kinda fluffy) and reddish copper Red Alert (beautifully pigmented and looks great with warmer browns like MAC Texture). Then, I added a flashy pair of falsies with longer lashes at the outer corners for extra lift. Eyelure’s No. 121s.
For cheeks and lips, I went with soft pink tones — soft rose Casual Color in Red Obsessed, which I stippled on the apples of my cheeks with a skunk brush, and grapefruit pink Lustre Lipstick in See Sheer, topped with Cremesheen Glass in Meteoric. Both are also from the Red Red Red collection, which is available now in-stores and online (through January 15).
The MAC Red, Red, Red Collection includes…
- Lustre Lipstick in See Sheer, a grapefruit pink
- Satin Lipstick in Toxic Tale, a bright coral
- Lustre Lipstick in Lady Bug, a yellow tomato
- Lustre Lipstick in 5-Alarm, a soft orangey red
- $16 US, $19 CAD each
- Nectarsweet, a soft pinkish peach
- Meteoric, a mid-tone vibrant coral
- Night is Young, a bright red cream
- $20 US, $23 CAD each
- Love Alert, a raspberry red with red pearl
- $20 US, $23 CAD
- Secret Admirer, a coral pink
- Out for Fun, a cool coral
- Red Obsessed, a soft rose
- $22 US, $26 CAD each
- Lustre Eye Shadow in Give Me Fire, a soft pink champagne with pearl
- Matte Eye Shadow in Strike While Haute, a true red
- Veluxe Pearl Eye Shadow in Red Alert, a mid-tone copper
- $16 US, $19 CAD each
- Hot Sensation, a sheer pale peach highlighter
- $26 US, $31 CAD
- Cream Nail Lacquer in Impassioned, a bright warm pink
- Frost Nail Lacquer in Red, Red, Red, a creamy orangey red
- Frost Nail Lacquer in Rouge Combustion, a pinkish red with sparkle
- $10 US, $12 CAD each
What do you think of the Red, Red, Red Collection so far, and what you do think about red eyeshadow in general? Would you ever go there (or have you gone there before)?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,