12 things to know about the MAC Philip Treacy collection
- It’s pronounced “tree-see” (not tree-say), and it’s available now (LE, available starting March 26, 2015).
- Blacktrack is a re-promote.
- With the High-Light Powders, the silver is an overspray.
- Blue Peep Pro Longwear Fluidline is abso-friggin’-lutely beautiful.
- Royal Wink Pro Longwear Fluidline isn’t as pigmented as I’d like.
- If you get one lipstick from the release, let it be No Faux Pas (it’s one of the more comfy MAC mattes I’ve worn).
- The High-Light Powders are probably better for pale princesses than darker divas (they look a little ashy on my NC42 skin).
- Genuine Treasure Paint Pot is like a golden glitter top coat for your lids.
- False Lashes mascara is also a re-promote, and it’s great at thickening and making your lashes look really dark (but not so good at holding a curl).
- This collection is based on hats. 🙂
- I’m seriously considering “that hat life” because apparently I don’t do my hair anymore.
- I’m not wearing hats in any of these pictures because I gave them all to Goodwill in a cleaning fit/frenzy at the beginning of the year.
London-based Philip Treacy is a big deal maker of hats, and the MAC Philip Treacy collection was inspired by three of his coiffure-covering creations…
Here’s also a quick video overview of the release…
The MAC Philip Treacy collection includes…
- High-Light Powder in Nude Pink, a champagne base with silver ($32)
- High-Light Powder in Blush Pink, a light pink with silver ($32)
- 127 Split Sided Face Brush ($35)
- Matte Lipstick in No Faux Pas, a yellow hot pink ($16)
- Satin Lipstick in Cardinal, a yellow burgundy red ($16)
- Satin Lipstick in Hollywood Cerise, a magenta berry ($16)
- False Lashes Mascara in Extreme Black ($22)
- Fluidline in Royal Wink, an ink blue ($16)
- Fluidline in Blue Peep, a bright flat teal ($16)
- Fluidline in Blacktrack, a true flat black ($16)
- Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Chrome Angel, a platinum silver ($21)
- Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Genuine Treasure, a reflects antique gold ($21)
So, do you like anything from this collection? What say you?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,