Have you ever heard the sound of makeup heartbreak? It sounds like broken pieces of eyeshadow sliding around in a MAC holiday palette… 🙁
Yes, this happened.
But I didn’t let it stop me! To paraphrase the great Celine Dion, “My heart will go on…using these shadows with my makeup brushes.”
I finally took the new MAC Enchanted Eve Eyes/Warm Eye Shadow X 6 Palette ($39.50) from the MAC holiday 2015 collection (coming to the MAC website Oct. 18 and MAC counters and stores Oct. 22) out for a spin this week in the hopes that it would perform a better than the Navy version, and the verdit?
The Enchanted Eve Eyes/Warm Eye Shadow X 6 Palette includes…
- Veluxe Pearl Eye Shadow in Seasonal Spirit, a warm yellowish tan
- Frost Eye Shadow in Moodmaker, an oaky brown
- Satin Eye Shadow in Sax Appeal, a soft taupe-brown
- Velvet Eye Shadow in Bewitchin’, a warm chestnut brown
- Matte Eye Shadow in Charcoal Brown, a muted taupe-brown
- Lustre Eye Shadow in Restrospeck, a bleach blonde
- A dual-ended 217/266 brush (not pictured above)
Well, the shadows are a little more pigmented than the shadows in the Navy palette, which is nice, but they aren’t much easier to blend. Sadly, I don’t think they’re as smooth as the shadows in the MAC permanent line either.
It’s a nice combination of neutral colors, so if you’re on the market for neutrals and don’t have much of a MAC collection now, it’s probably worth considering… I think the packaging looks pretty, but I’d still probably opt to get one or more of the shadow singles in the MAC permanent line instead.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,