Haaaay, shady lady! Okay, I know you’re not shady… It’s just that for some reason every time I think of the MAC Shadowy Lady quad from last week’s Cult of Cherry collection I am compelled to shout “shady lady!”
A few days ago, reader Lexi asked to see a face of the day with the Shadowy (Shady!) Lady quad. That sounded like fun, so here’s the look I wore to work yesterday — a light purple eye with a bright blue liner.
How to Get the Lip Look
- First, I lined my lips with Pink Treat Cremestick.
- Next, I applied one layer of Lightly Ripe Lipstick directly from the tube onto my lips, blotted my lips with a tissue and then added a second layer for good luck.
- To finish the lips, I topped them off with a layer of Rich & Ripe Lipglass.
Get the Cheek Look
- Using a 129 powder/blush brush, I swept Blooming atop the apples of my cheeks and then up into the hairline.
- Next, I applied Stila Sun Bronzer with a 116 blush brush, starting near the outer corner of my right eye and swiping down the curve of the cheek bone (under the apple of my cheek). Then, I swiped back up the same way. From there, I swiped the brush over the right temple onto my upper forehead just below the hairline (reverse and repeat the process on your left).
- MAC Concrete Eye Shadow
- MAC Painterly Paint Pot
- MAC Shadowy Lady Eye Shadow Quad
- MAC Fix+
- MAC Prep + Prime Lash
- MAC Zoomlash Mascara in Zoom Black
The Eyes: Step by Step
- First, with a 266 angled brush, I shaded in my brows with Concrete.
- Then, I patted Painterly Paint Pot over the entire eye with a 239 eye shading brush.
- Next, I dusted Light Fall over the Painterly Paint Pot on the eye with a 252 eye shader brush.
- Using a 217 blending brush, I applied Smudged Violet onto my lids, blending out the edges with the same brush.
- To make the outer corner look a bit smokier, I added Shadowy Lady with a 224 tapered blending brush and applied the color with a small, circular motion.
- To line my eyes, I wanted something a bit different than my regular old black liner, so I wet a 212 flat brush with a spritz of MAC Fix+ and swept the wet brush head across a pan of Deep Truth eye shadow. I applied the wet shadow to my upper lash line, thickening the line as it got closer to the outer corner my eye.
- To finish the eye look, I curled my lashes and added two coats of Prep + Prime Lash followed by two coats of Zoomblack mascara (on the upper lashes only).
The Completed Shadowy (Shady!) Lady Look
I am *lurving* the colors in this quad, particularly Smudged Violet and Shadowy Lady. I dig wearable purple shades. I think Deep Truth, the shimmery blue, is also gorgeous, but I’ll have to work with it a bit more. I tried using it in my crease the other day but wound up with a hot blue mess. If you’ve got the color and have some ideas for pairings with other MAC shades, I’d love to hear ’em!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,