Shhh… I have a secret beauty tip. If you ever wake up looking like an extra in Michael Jackson’s Thriller video, reach for MAC Woodwinked eyeshadow ($14). Its warm, golden shimmer restores life to dead tired eyes.
And good thing it does because I needed it this morning. I was CRANKY! I haven’t slept well this week and for the third day in a row woke up looking like a zombie. When it got time for me to get ready for work, I really wanted to just leave my ratty hair uncombed, throw on some sweats and skip my makeup altogether (gasp!).
But I knew that walking around like that all day long would have made me feel even worse, so I threw on a dress and picked up my pan of Woodwinked.
Fifteen minutes later, zombie girl had left the building. Woodwinked made my eyes look bright, alert and awake. Easy, and fewer calories than a latte.
The basic eye…
- MAC Shroom eyeshadow applied directly beneath the highest point in the arch of each eyebrow
- MAC Neutral Pink eyeshadow on the browbone
- MAC Saddle eyeshadow in the crease
- MAC Woodwinked eyeshadow on the lid, barely into the crease and along the lower lash line
- MAC Kitschmas Pigment on the inner third of the eye (side closer to the nose)
- MAC Technakohl liner in Graphblack on the upper and lower waterlines
The complete look…
Over the entire eye
On the lid
- L’oreal Voluminous Carbon Black on the lashes
- MAC Concrete eyeshadow
- MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer in NW 25
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder #2
- Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation in Suntan Beige on the face
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
Do you have a special eyeshadow or product you use when you’re looking extra tired? Girrrrl, I need all the help I can get!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
For more sweet, sweet makeup lovin’, sign up to receive my updates by email. 🙂