We’ve had a stretch of unseasonably warm weather here in the Bay Area, but this morning started off overcast and gloomy. To brighten up my Monday, I did this blue and green eye with MAC Parrot and Sprout.
I didn’t feel like going all crazy with the blending, so to keep it simple I limited myself to just three eyeshadow colors. If you’re new to makeup, this would be a super easy look to try! Please ask if you have any questions about reproducing it yourself. If I don’t know the answer, I’ll track down someone who does.
- MAC Ochre Style on the browbone
- MAC Sprout on the inner half of the eyelid and just barely into the crease
- MAC Parrot on the outer half of the eyelid and slightly into the crease
- MAC Indigo Eye Pencil on the outer 2/3 of the lid and on the upper waterline
- MAC Powersurge Eye Pencil on the lower waterline
If the blue and green together are a lil’ too much color for you, you can try the look using neutral pairs. I have a feeling gold and brown or pink and brown on the lid and a neutral shade like MAC Shroom on the browbone would look awfully pretty.
To complete the look…
Over the entire eyelid
- MAC Concrete eyeshadow
- Stila Multi-Effect Mascara in Black
To banish those nasty undereye circles
- Laura Mercier Oil-free Tinted Moisturizer in Almond
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
- MAC Shy Beauty blush
- MAC Viva Glam V lipstick
I realize the cheese factor is pretty high in the above pic, but it makes me laugh. It looks like I should be selling toothpaste or something equally corny.
Did you rock the brights today? What kind of eye look did you wear?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
For more sweet, sweet makeup lovin’, sign up to receive my updates by email.