Gooooooooood evening, makeup fiends and fans!
It’s me, your friendly neighborhood beauty addict DJ K-Dawg, broadcasting live from KMAC radio (a division of Tabs the Cat Industries LLC) in Novato, where we play all the hits from the ’90s, 2000s and today.
Tonight we’re goin’ waaaaaay back and kickin’ it old-school.
That’s right! Tonight it’s all about retro jams. The request lines are open, so call —
Oh! That was quick. We already have our first caller.
DJ K-DAWG: “Hello, you’re live on the air at KMAC with DJ K-Dawg. What’s your name, sweetheart?”
DIESEL: “Diesel. I’m a cool grey frost eyeshadow.”
DJ K-DAWG: “What up, D? What can I do you for? Do you have a request?”
DIESEL: “Well, I’d like to give a shout-out to the alumni from the MAC Class of ’97 — especially my homegirl Fiction. She’s a muted green with shimmer. Hey, Fiction! I’M ON THE RADIO! We made our debut in the Colour Abstraction/Additions collection together.”
DJ K-DAWG: “Aww. That’s sweet. What song would you like to dedicate, Diesel?”
DIESEL: “Can I dedicate Say You’ll Be There by the Spice Girls?”
DJ K-DAWG: “OOH! You sure can. That’s one of my favorites. Thanks for callin’, D!”
DJ K-DAWG: “OK, let’s take another caller… Caller, you’re live on the air with DJ K-Dawg and KMAC! What’s your name?”
BUTTERSCOTCH: “Hey, K-Dawg?! This is Butterscotch Eye Shadow. Remember me?!”
DJ K-DAWG: “GURL, my brow bones never forget an awesome matte warm beige. Circa Pre collection back in 1990, right? Dayum, it’s been a minute! How are you?”
BUTTERSCOTCH: “Excellent! Can I give a shout-out to all my MAC fiends and plug a new collection I’m in called MAC By Request?”
DJ K-DAWG: “Oh, that’s right! You’re one of the six retro MAC shades that were voted on by MAC fans to come out of retirement.”
BUTTERSCOTCH: “Yup, we’re back, b*tches, and we’re better than ever!”
DJ K-DAWG: “So cheeky, Butterscotch! I always loved that about you. MAC fans, Butterscotch is referring to MAC By Request, the new limited edition collection of three powder Eye Shadows, three Lipsticks and three (new) Lipglasses are available exclusively at maccosmetics.com.
The Lipsticks and Lipglasses are available now, and the Eye Shadows arrive April 3.
Last summer MAC asked their fans on Facebook what shades they wanted to make a comeback, and now here they are. If you’re interested, swing by maccosmetics.com before they’re going, going, gone.”
BUTTERSCOTCH: “So, K-Dawg…is it cool if I do a dedication?”
DJ K-DAWG: “Of course! What would you like to hear?”
BUTTERSCOTCH: “I’d like to dedicate Hold On by Wilson Phillips to my three lipstick BFFs, frosty vivid fuchsia Pink Poodle, matte rosy pink Hoop and matte pinkish red Glam.”
BUTTERSCOTCH: “They’re also in MAC By Request with me, and they’ve always had my back.”
DJ K-DAWG: “Sure thing, Butterscotch. Thank you for calling. What radio station rocks the best retro makeup jams?”
DJ K-DAWG: “You know it.”
The MAC By Request Collection: Deets
- Fiction Eye Shadow — This soft, dark khaki green with golden shimmer reminds me of a less shimmery, somewhat darker version of MAC’s Golden Olive Pigment in pressed powder form. I think it looks gorgeous layered with a little MAC Tarnish Eye Kohl. For an easy khaki green smokey eye, just apply Tarnish all over your lids, buff it out, and layer Fiction right on top.
- Diesel Eye Shadow — This cool gray frost with silver shimmer is a joy to blend and looks fab with MAC Smolder Eye Kohl.
- Butterscotch Eye Shadow — Like a loyal friend who never lets you down, this matte warm beige looks great as a base color, especially on medium and darker skin tones. I like to wear it either all over the lid as a base shade, or on my brow bones for a subtle highlight. I think this one’s a great everyday workhorse shadow!
- Pink Poodle Lipstick — So, I love this bright, frosty fuchsia in theory, but there’s just something about it… It reminds me of the matching frosty fuchsia lipstick Jen and I wore way when we were sophomores in high school, and I’m not quite ready to go that retro yet.
- Hoop Lipstick — This super wearable mid-toned matte rosy pink will probably work for just about anyone. Just be sure to prep your lips first, because MAC’s mattes can be kind of drying if you’re not used to ‘em.
- Glam Lipstick — Again, you’ll want to prep your lips before wearing this bright matte pinkish red. It’s long lasting and dramatic — great for one of those epic nights on the town. Oh, and very, very early 90s. Someone please hand me my crimping iron, Liz Claiborne purse and my mix-tape with Ice Ice Baby on it.
- The Lipglasses — These are the three brand-spankin’-new Lipglasses that were inspired by the Lipsticks. I haven’t had a chance to give these a fair shake yet, but I will soon.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,