Day five of no central heating and natural gas-heated water.
Today I cried…
Well, almost. I almost cried, but then I saw the sun coming out and realized it was going to be a pretty warm day, so I wasn’t going to freeze. Yet.
As of now, the ETA for getting the gas line repaired is first thing tomorrow, and I’m keeping all of my fingers crossed.
In related news, I’m getting pretty good at what I call the hot water shuffle, which is when we heat up pots of water on the stove and dump them into a big tote in the bathtub.
It’s not as fun as a shower, but it gets the job done.
As for the temperature in the house, it’s been a little chilly, even with my space heater going 24/7 and bundled up in layers, and I desperately needed to feel warm today, so I pretended with this summery-ish look with bronzy brown.
I built it around my current MAC permanent eyeshadow crush, Amber Lights, a shimmery warm peachy brown.
Wearing mostly MAC and NARS here with a bit of Tom Ford and Hourglass thrown in for good luck.
- NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base: all over the entire eye lid as a base
- NARS Fez Eyeshadow: a shimmery warm cocoa brown: lids, lower lash lines, outer corners
- MAC Amber Lights Eye Shadow, a shimmery warm peachy brown: crease and lower lash line
- MAC Teddy Eye Kohl: a shimmery warm bronze, water lines, lash lines
- MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash Mascara: upper and lower lashes
- MAC Brun Eye Shadow: inner part of the brows
- MAC Deep Dark Brunette Fluidline Brow Gelcreme: outer tail of the brows
- MAC Ricepaper: a shimmery peachy gold, inner corner and underneath the brow bone to highlight
- MAC Give Me Sun Mineralize Skinfinish Natural: below cheeks to add warmth
- MAC Iridescent Powder/Loose in Golden Bronze: upper cheek bones, down the bridge of the nose, cupid’s bow
- MAC Sunbasque Sheertone Blush: apples of cheeks
- Tom Ford Sable Smoke Lipstick, a creamy peachy beige
- Hourglass Extreme Sheen Lipgloss in Nectar, a bright coral
- MAC Face & Body Foundation in C5: all over face
- NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation in Barcelona: cheeks
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealers in Caramel and Ginger: around mouth, nose and on cheeks
- MAC Prolongwear Concealer in NW25 mixed with MAC Careblends Essential Oils in Grapefruit + Camomile: under eye area
- MAC Prep + PRime CC Colour Correcting Loose Powder in Adjust: under eye area to set concealer
- Urban Decay Naked Loose Powder in Naked Medium: all over face
OOH! I just got confirmation that the gas line is finished and scheduled to be turned on tomorrow by noon! YES! Hopefully just one more night doing the hot water shuffle. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,