Whenever I have mermaid dreams (yes, it’s a thing), they more or less go down something like this…
They’re usually in slow motion, lots of bubbles, tons of makeup…
Shoot, I can’t even fathom (Haha! Fathom…? Get it?) being a mermaid without makeup. That’s absurd.
The video is from MAC, timed for the release of their Alluring Aquatic collection, which launched online today (it’ll be in stores on May 22).
Not that I needed a reason to channel my inner mermaid (because every day is a good day to channel your inner mermaid), but I used it (the new collection) as such for my makeup today.
There are lots of things I like about this look. It’s slightly smokey, has warm browns in the crease, some color along the lash lines and leagues o’ lashes (thank goodness for falsies). Oh, and just the lightest dusting of glitter.
All good things. 🙂
I’m pretty comfortable with looks like this. I feel like this one’s a little flashy but stops short of full-on cray.
I might tone it down a tad if I were hanging out with the family or spending time with friends or going out to dinner with El Hub, and then just add the falsies for big events or fancy parties.
Today, though, I decided to put them on because, heck, it’s Thursday, and that seemed like a good enough reason for me, LOL!
Most of the products I’m wearing here are from MAC. On my eyes that’s…
- MAC Legendary Lure Extra Dimension Eye Shadow: lids and lower lash lines
- MAC Black Line Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner: as an eyeshadow base on my lids (it coaxes the green tones in Legendary Lure, and buffing it out brings out the small bits of golden glitter from the liner…super cool!)
- MAC Delphic Extra Dimension Bronzer: crease and lower lash line
- MAC Texture Eye Shadow: outer part of crease, to darken and add a slight lift to the eyes
- MAC Black Swan Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner: upper and lower lash lines
- Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil: water lines
- MAC Mylar Eye Shadow layered on top of MAC Light Boost Prep + Prime Highlighter: on my brow bones
- MAC Lorelei Extra Dimension Eye Shadow: inner corners
- Ardell Demi 120 Lashes: upper lashes
- Guerlain Cils D’Enfer Mascara: lower lashes
- MAC Deep Dark Brunette Fluidline Gelcreme: brows
Cheeks and lips are all Alluring Aquatic. 🙂
To sculpt my cheeks and give them some color, I’m wearing Delphic Extra Dimension Bronzer and Sea Me Hear Me Extra Dimension Blush. To highlight my cheeks, nose and cupid’s bow, I grabbed MAC Lorelei Extra Dimension Eye Shadow. On my lips I’m wearing What Comes Naturally Lip Pencil, Enchanted One Lipstick and Clear Water Lipglass.
More MAC Alluring Aquatic collection coverage…
- Fishing for Ideas With the New MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection: 7 Lip Pencil, Lipstick and Lipglass Combinations
- A Metallic Green and Warm Smokey Brown MAC Alluring Aquatic Face of the Day
- The MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection Extra Dimension Bronzers and Blushes Are Making Waves With Me
- The MAC Alluring Aquatic Lipsticks, Lipglasses and Lip Pencils Are off the Port Bow
- The MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection Extra Dimension Eye Shadows and Pearlglide Intense Eye Liners Are off the Starboard Bow
Because mermaids are instinctively curious creatures, I’m wondering if anyone else wore smokey greens today. 🙂 Inquiring mythical minds want to know.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,