This afternoon I had my way with 11 of the 23 pieces from MAC’s upcoming A Rose Romance collection (arrives April 23), and judging from these plums and pinks, the collection looks hella cool — as in tones. 🙂
Most of these shades draw from the cooler end of the color spectrum. With my coloring that means I may have to inject some warmer colors into the mix to pull them off, but pale beauties who look good in cooler colors could easily rock these shades in a heartbeat.
See Thru Lip Colour
Tender Tryst tube
Tender Tryst wand
Tender Tryst on lips
A Rose Romance tube
A Rose Romance wand
Secret Crush on lips
Steal My Heart tube
Steal My Heart wand
Steal My Heart on lips
Virgin Kiss tube
Virgin Kiss wand
Virgin Kiss on lips
Way to Love lipstick
Way to Love on lips
A Rose Romance lipstick
A Rose Romance on lips
Et Tu, Bouquet? eyeshadow
Of Summer eyeshadow
Circa Plum Pigment
Swatches from left to right: Of Summer, Et Tu, Bouquet?, Circa Plum
Summer Rose Beauty Powder
Just a Pinch Gel Blush
From left to right: Just a Pinch, Summer Rose
From left to right: Of Summer, Et Tu Bouquet?, Circa Plum, Just a Pinch, Summer Rose
A few notes…
- Lipsticks: Both Way to Love and A Rose Romance apply very sheer and look almost identical on my lips.
- Lipglasses: Steal My Heart and Virgin Kiss pack a ton of silver glitter and apply with medium pigmentation.
- See Thru Lip Colour: Of the lip products I tried these are my favorites. Both Tender Tryst and Secret Crush are lip stains, with a watery yet highly pigmented formula that imparts a subtle, cooling sensation upon application. Ahh…
- Eyeshadows: Et Tu, Bouquet? feels gritty to the touch, while Of Summer feels velvety smooth.
- Pigment: Circa Plum is a super cool-toned plum — pretty, but almost too cool for my tan.
- Beauty Powder : Summer Rose applies a lil’ chalky and sheer. It may not work for me, but I bet it looks gorgeous on my pale-skinned beauties.
- Just a Pinch Gel Blush: This is one of my favorite items so far… It’s highly pigmented yet easy to apply and blend, YES!
What do you think of these colors? Is MAC’s A Rose Romance stealing your heart?
I’m reserving judgment until I’ve seen the remaining items up close and personal, but I’m getting the feeling there’s a lot here I may not easily be able to wear. Hmm…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,