I feel like every girl (and every boy who loves makeup; yes, I know you’re out there, and I love you!!!) has a default makeup look they turn to whenever they need to feel just straight-up pretty…and that’s definitely what I needed this morning because I woke up tired today, dude!
For real, I got like two seconds of sleep last night. The wind was crazy loud and howled all night long (“Awooooo!”), which fired up Tabs, who consequently spent the entire evening running circuits around the bedroom, knocking stuff off the dressers, climbing all over my boobs and generally doing naughty tabby things.
That darned cat! If he wasn’t so adorably squishy, I’d be raging mad at him right now. 🙂
Needless to say, I needed a pick-me-up this morning, so I figured, heck, why not do something makeup-wise that I really like to wear, so I ended up doing my favorite look to wear in the whole wide world — brown smokey eyes, pink cheeks, pink lips.
Yep, mah standby. 🙂
- NARS Lipgloss in Turkish Delight
- Ardency Inn Lipstick in Kids in America
- MAC Lip Pencil in Edge to Edge
- Rimmel Natural Bronzer in 002 Sun Bronze
- Sephora MicroSmooth Baked Sculpting Trio in Sublime
- NARS Dual Intensity Blush in Adoration (I mixed the two shades together)
- theBalm Nude Dude Volume 2 Palette (Fearless as a base all over the lids, Flawless in the crease, Fabulous in the inner corners and Fine on the lids; I also mixed in some warm orangey brown MAC Eye Shadow in Texture in the crease to warm things up a little)
Question for you: what’s your go-to makeup look — the one you turn to when you need a boost and/or want to feel like the best version of yourself? Inquiring minds want to know!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,