In this post Audrey from Pop Culture & Make-Up Addict shares a bridesmaid-inspired makeup look featuring MAC Cosmetics.
My makeup addiction started about a year ago, so I’m still learning which colors go with what.
When I had the honor of being a bridesmaid for the wedding of one of my best friends, I thought it would be fun to visit my local MAC salon for a makeup consultation.
Our dresses were a bright fuschia, and I wasn’t sure what eyeshadow colors to wear. I had the makeup consultation done a week before the wedding to give myself enough time to play around with everything and decide on my look.
The MAC makeup artist recommended the following…
- Eyes: Shale on the lid, Seedy Pearl as the highlight, Blackberry in the crease, Macroviolet fluidline on the lash lines
- Cheeks: Stark Naked blush
- Lips: Plum Dandy lipstick with Morning Glory lustreglass (can’t remember the lip pencil)
I definitely liked her cheek and lip recommendations, so I picked up those… I liked the eyes, too, but thought they were a little too purple and wanted something more neutral.
With the artist’s help, I finally decided on the following look for my eyes. It allowed me to use some colors I already had in my collection.
- Seedy Pearl on the inner third of the lid
- Shale on the outer two thirds of the lid
- Satin Taupe in the crease, outer V, and lower lash line
- Yogurt as the highlight
- Phloof! in the inner tear duct and a touch in the arch under the brow
Here’s how I looked on the day of the wedding!
And here’s a closer look. 🙂
- Chanel Pro Lumiere Foundation in Beige
- MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer in NW25
- MAC Mineral Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus
- MAC Stark Naked blush
- MAC Phloof! eyeshadow
- MAC Seedy Pearl eyeshadow
- MAC Shale eyeshadow
- MAC Satin Taupe eyeshadow
- MAC Yogurt eyeshadow
- Bobbi Brown Black Ink gel eyeliner
- MAC Engraved powerpoint pencil (waterline and lower lash line)
- MAC Cork eyeshadow (brows)
- Maybelline Full & Soft mascara
- MAC Plum Dandy lipstick
- MAC Morning Glory lustreglass
How closely do you follow the recommendations you get from makeup artists at makeovers? Do you follow them exactly or make tweaks here and there?
This post was written by Audrey, a product marketing professional, makeup junkie, and avid TV watcher. Follow her musings on her blog, Pop Culture & Make-Up Addict. She’s also a marathon runner and blogs about her running adventures on Run Audrey Run.