I am totally that girl who opens every compartment in an advent calendar in one feel swoop.
Perhaps it’s my
impatient curious nature. 🙂
It’s not even December yet, but I couldn’t wait to unlock the hidden treasures in this one from Benefit, the Candy-Coated Countdown Advent Calendar ($99).
You’re “supposed” to open one compartment at a time, one per day, beginning on December first for 24 days.
Tucked within each compartment resides a different beauty treasure…
But, uh, someone, and I’m not naming any names here, 🙂 may or may not have broken the rules with this one. This person may or may not have fiendishly opened every compartment with a quickness, and then dumped all o’ the beauty loot on the ground and took a picture of herself with the empty box held upside-down.
I was really looking forward to this thing because Benefit did something similar last year with their Countdown to Love Advent Calendar, which — mission accomplished! — I loved.
Like that one, this calendar contains a bunch of travel-sized Benefit faves, but, sadly, it’s also much more expensive…
Last year’s was $68, but this one is $99.
And that’s not the only difference…
Last year’s kit came with 21 pieces of makeup, a necklace with a charm, a hair tie and a hair clip, while this year’s kit includes 18 pieces of makeup, three hair ties, two notepads and a pack of heart-shaped paperclips.
So they cut back a little on the makeup but boosted the number of extras.
The $99 Benefit Candy-Coated Countdown Advent Calendar includes…
- 0.25 oz “That gal” brightening face primer
- 0.25 oz the POREfessional pore minimizer
- 0.08 oz Benetint cheek and lip stain in Rose
- 0.08 oz High beam liquid highlighter
- 0.08 oz Chachatint lip and cheek stain in Sheer Mango
- 0.08 oz Posietint lip and cheek stain in Poppy Pink
- 0.04 oz Stay flawless foundation primer
- 0.1 oz They’re real! mascara
- 0.22 oz Ultra plush lip gloss in Dandelion
- 0.22 oz Ultra plush lip gloss in A-lister
- 0.22 oz Ultra plush lip gloss in Fauxmance
- 0.14 oz BADgal lash mascara
- 0.08 oz Stay don’t stray concealer and eye shadow primer in Light/Medium
- 0.1 oz Fakeup concealer in 02 Medium
- 0.1 oz It’s potent! eye cream
- 0.3 oz Total moisture facial cream
- 0.08 oz Ooh la lift eye cream
- 0.08 oz Watt’s up! highlighter
- Beauty sticky notes
- Doodle pad
- Heart-shaped paperclips
- Pinky, polka-dot hair tie
- Elastic hair band with bow charm
- Metallic silvery hair tie
Needless to say, $99 isn’t as appealing as $68 was, at least not for what works out to be about the same number of products.
Despite that, I gotta admit that the cuteness factor here is sky high, and with its red and green accents, I think this one looks more Christmassy than the one last year.
Plus, with this year’s — hello! — there’s a cat on compartment number six. 🙂
And you know what they say… When you want to distract the masses from a $30 price increase, put a cat on it.
AVAILABILITY: Limited edition, and available now at Benefit boutiques, counters, Sephora stores and online
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,