Oh! I have a good one.
I was in my early 20s at the time. I got an invite to a house party, but it was a themed house party, where you had to show up all dressed in white. I can’t remember why that was the theme or who hosted the shindig, but what I do remember is the epic makeup mishap that happened at home as I was about to walk out the door.
My hair and makeup were done, and I vaguely recall wearing white eyeliner on the water line to match my all-white ensemble, haha! As if anyone other than a makeup lover would have noticed. Suddenly, with my purse and keys in hand, I realized that I’d forgotten to set my foundation with powder.
So, genius that I am, instead of taking the extra 60 seconds to find a pressed compact with translucent powder, something like MAC Blot for instance, I grabbed the closest thing on the bathroom shelf — a huge jar of tinted loose powder in a honey caramel color. I think it was from BECCA.
Of course, because I was running late (what, me late?), I was hurrying, and ya know, butterfingers and all…I opened the jar with a little too much “enthusiasm.”
The lid flew open, fell to the floor and BOOM! A mushroom cloud of honey colored powder exploded in my bathroom.
Powder was all over the place — the floor, the walls, on my face, in my hair, and yes, all over my white party outfit.
Needless to say, I didn’t make it to the party… I spent the rest of the evening cleaning powder off myself and every surface in the bathroom.
Good times. 🙂
Worst handbag or clothing mishap involving makeup?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,