I mean, what did you expect from a world-renowned kitty supermodel? Of course the dress code is going to be strict. 🙂
Here at the offices of Tabs the Cat Industries, LLC, brows MUST be fierce, with a heaping scoop of fabulous-ness on the side.
Natural-looking brows? Um, not if you ever hope to move up the cat corporate ladder.
Luckily, I don’t! I love natural-looking brows, and my favorite way to wear ’em lately has been with two different colors — you know, like in brow duo kits that pair a lighter and a darker shade.
When I used to use brow duo kits, I would mix the two colors together and apply that, but lately I like to use the lighter shade on the inner part of my brows (the side closer to my nose) and the darker one on the outer (the side closer to my ear), because the subtle gradient it creates sort of enhances the natural brow color transition that normally occurs from the lighter, sparser inner brow area to the denser, darker outer brow area.
An ombre brow effect, if you will…
A few more brow tips…
- When tweezing your own eyebrows, it’s helpful to map out the hairs to be tweezed by covering them with a light application of concealer or a light-colored pencil.
- When applying color to the brows, try focusing the application in the arch, rather than the inner portion near the nose, for a more natural-looking brow. A well-balanced eyebrow tends to be more dense in the arch.
- Don’t underestimate the effect of brushing your brows. First brush against the hair growth to separate, then up and back toward the ear to shape.
- For the look of bleached eyebrows, use Brow Set in a shade one or two shades lighter than your own brows. First brush the wand against the hair growth to cover the brow, and then dip the wand back into the tube and brush with the growth of hair.
- If using both a brow pencil and Brow Set, try using a darker pencil and a lighter Brow Set for more dimension.
- Fluid Line in an appropriate shade, like Dipdown with the 208 brush, is great to cover any scars or open areas in the eyebrow.
- A light powder eye shadow color like Shroom, Rice Paper or Arena placed under the arch of the brow highlights and defines the shape.
And you can do it with more than just powder brow duos. It works just as well with brow pencils, too.
For a while now I’ve been using light brown MAC Deep Brunette on the inner part of my brows and darker brown Deep Dark Brunette on the outer.
I love it! If you have similar hair color, try it sometime, and let me know what you think.
Be aware, though, that it may violate the dress code at your place of employment if you work for a fashion-forward feline dictator. 😉
How about you? What are some of your best brow tips?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,