When my brother and I were kids, we couldn’t wait for Christmas! Every year in the week leading up to the big day, we’d resort to all manner of tom foolery to deign the contents of the boxes under the tree, first shaking them, then examining the tape for structural integrity (I found a loose corner!), then holding the boxes up to bright lights in an attempt to see through the wrapping paper.
We’d get a little relief on Christmas Eve, when our parents allowed us to open one gift each. Most of the time I’d go for one of the rattlers, the boxes that made the most noise when I shook ‘em. I did that one year and opened a box filled with blank Memorex tapes.
Yes, tapes, girl! Because back in the day, pirating music meant straight up recording songs off the radio, haha!
My family members still open one gift each on Christmas Eve…except that now mine is usually the gift I’ve gotten myself as a Christmas treat.
Yes, I know that’s cheating.
This year it’s this pair of black feather-and-chain earrings Santa found at Nordstrom for $12. I’d been looking for a pair of feather earrings for a while but kept finding ones that looked too feathery. I didn’t want Tabs attacking my bling, but I’m hoping that the addition of chains and rhinestones in these tells Tabs that no, Mom does not have a bird hanging from her ears.
It being Christmas Eve, what are some of your family’s Christmas (or other holiday) traditions?
That’s just one of the many questions you could answer to enter today’s Sephora eCard giveaway.
- One (1) Sephora eGift card containing $50 sent to the winner by email (international readers, you may opt to receive $50 sent by PayPal instead).
- There are two ways to enter, and you can do both of them for two chances to win. First, you can enter by leaving a comment at the bottom of this post, a comment about anything at all, like, how do you feel about fruitcake? When was the last time you had eggnog? What was one of your favorite presents you remember getting as a child? How does your family celebrate the holidays (this or any other time of year)? Is it snowing out where you live? — you get the idea.
- Second, you can enter by following me on Twitter @karenmbb and retweeting (RT) the following message:
- Follow @karenmbb and RT to Win a $50 eGift Card from Sephora! http://bit.ly/uGF8bd
- The deadline to enter is Sunday, December 25, 2011 at 11:59PM (PT).
- Entrants must enter using a valid email address and/or Twitter account to win.
- A maximum of two (2) entries per person — one within the comments at the bottom of this post, and a second entry via Twitter addressed to me @karenmbb.
- Contest is open to individuals of any country who have reached the age of majority according to their local laws (18 in the United States with these exceptions: Alabama and Nebraska, 19; Mississippi, 21).
- Sephora eGift Certificates can only be redeemed online and are not valid in stores or available for purchase or redemption in Canada. International winners may opt to substitute the Sephora eGift card prize for $50 sent directly to their email address by PayPal instead.
- Tabs and I (heretofore referred to as “T-Money and K-Dawg”) will select one (1) winner at random from the entries either left in the comments at the bottom of this blog post or addressed to @karenmbb on Twitter.
- The winner will be announced here within 48 hours of the deadline.
- Void where prohibited by law.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,