- WINNER: The giveaway is closed now, and the winner is Lovi.! Congratulations, Lovi! If you entered but didn’t win this time around, keep trying, and click here to enter any ongoing giveaways before you jet.
“Marbled sides and pantaloons.” That’s what I call my tabby when we teleconference over the Skype Kitty Cam.
Rise and shine, morning glory! It’s a beautiful day here in Blogville. The data packets aren’t colliding, my cameras are charging, and I just finished painting my nails.
I’m really looking forward to The Beauty Social this weekend. I haven’t seen much of Santa Monica yet, just the little bit I saw out the window on the 15-minute drive to the hotel from LAX last night, but it was dark, and I was very sleepy at the time…
The panel I’m participating in, How to Turn Beauty Blogging Into a Career, isn’t until tomorrow, so between now and then I plan to just look around, check out the waterfront, drink lots of tea, attend some of the other sessions (and take good notes to share, of course), track down a Pinkberry, and just have fun.
Here are some of the sessions I’d really like to attend…
- Expert Trendspotting Secrets Revealed: How do you spot a trend? Beauty and fashion editors discuss how they became expert tastemakers and share their picks for the top trends in 2012.
- So You Want To Be a Guru? Your favorite gurus give their secrets on how to succeed in the cutthroat world of online tutorials.
- All In The Family: Annie and Maggie Ford Danielson of Benefit Cosmetics share whatâ€™s in store for the next generation of this beloved brand.
- Brown Girl Beauty Uncensored: Hair, makeup, and skin care tips for Beauties of all colors.
The event starts soon, so I’d better start getting ready. I hope you have a nice weekend lined up. Swing by the blog to say hi every so often when you can. I’ll be checking in often and posting updates, per usual.
Now, since I have your attention…
- One (1) Sephora eGift card containing $50 sent to the winner by email (international readers, you may opt to receive $50 sent by PayPal instead).
- There are two ways to enter, and you can do both of them for two chances to win. First, you can enter by leaving a comment at the bottom of this post, a comment about anything at all, like, have you ever been to Los Angeles? Are you doing any beauty maintenance today (painting your nails, plucking your brows, shaving your toes…)? What nail polish are you wearing? — you get the idea.
- Second, you can enter by following me on Twitter @karenmbb and retweeting (RT) the following message:
- Follow @karenmbb and RT to Win a $50 eGift Card from Sephora! http://bit.ly/rrcr0D
- The deadline to enter is Sunday, October 23, 2011 at 11:59PM (PT).
- Entrants must enter using a valid email address and/or Twitter account to win.
- A maximum of two (2) entries per person — one within the comments at the bottom of this post, and a second entry via Twitter addressed to me @karenmbb.
- Contest is open to individuals of any country who have reached the age of majority according to their local laws (18 in the United States with these exceptions: Alabama and Nebraska, 19; Mississippi, 21).
- Sephora eGift Certificates can only be redeemed online and are not valid in stores or available for purchase or redemption in Canada. International winners may opt to substitute the Sephora eGift card prize for $50 sent directly to their email address by PayPal instead.
- Tabs and I (heretofore referred to as “T-Money and K-Dawg”) will select one (1) winner at random from the entries either left in the comments at the bottom of this blog post or addressed to @karenmbb on Twitter.
- The winner will be announced here within 48 hours of the deadline.
- Void where prohibited by law.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Oh, and don’t jet before you enter The 2011 Breast Cancer Awareness Month Sign Project and Giveaway. If you haven’t yet, it’s something you don’t want to miss. It’s easy, it matters, and that huge pile of products from MAC, Clinique, Make Up For Ever, EstÃ©e Lauder and Bobbi Brown (click here for the full details) needs a good home.