Supermoon! I’m so stoked. Last night’s supermoon was the first celestial special event I’ve seen in … I can’t remember how long. Whenever I hear about something like a meteor shower or a planet in perfect position to see with the naked eye, I get all excited, plan to stay up late, figure out when/where I’m supposed to be in my neighborhood to get a good look at it, but then I either forget, fall asleep early, or the clouds roll in to block my view!
Not last night though. It was a perfect confluence of astrological and earth-bound factors. The moon was big and bright and hard to miss. So beautiful.
I struggled a bit this week to get back into the swing of things, only because the week started with me having fun in the tropics. I think that means I had a really good time on vacation, because I wasn’t ready for it to end. I’m still doing that thing where you say, “This time last week I was [INSERT VACATION ACTIVITY HERE].” I mean, I like my office, but it’s not the quite the same as swimming in a tropical waterfall.
A few beauty (and otherwise random) posts that caught my eye this week…
- Get yer gradient nails! Here’s a pictorial tutorial — The Nailasaurus
- Trolls better watch out. 500 new fairytales have been discovered in Germany — The Guardian
- Loved this short lesson in perspective — The San Francisco Egotist
- Colorific brows — The Guilty Hyena
- Gotta get me some of this Sk:n Aloe Vera Gel — Let’s MakeYuUp
- This Avenging eye makeup is Marvel-ous — Makeup Your Jangsara
- Journalist and SF writer Cory Doctorow says a hypnotherapist helped him get over writer’s block — AdviceToWriters
- Deathly afraid of snakes, but these pictures are just so COOL! — but does it float
- 24 Best Travel Blogs and Websites — Fathom
- Spec-Tacular Makeup Tips For Eye Glass Wearers — JennySue Makeup
Oh, big news this weekend about recent makeup monster sightings, and a warning to be careful if there’s a fountain in front of your favorite mall…
Description: Prodoctopuses mostly lurk in big shopping center fountains and water elements, emerging from their depths during busy weekends, like during Macy’s and Sephora sales, when the crowds are bustling, and unassuming cosmetics shoppers are loaded down with new makeup and beauty products, which prodoctopuses consume for food.
Armor Class: 7 (they regrow severed tentacles)
Special Attacks: Able to strike 8 times per round
Special Defenses: Underwater breathing; liquid mascara ink cloud
Size: Large (20â€² long, including tentacles)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,