Rise and shine, morning glory! Yup, it’s that time again. Another Sunday. And because it’s raining here and has been for days, MBB’s resident feline ambassador is fussy. Right now he’s ignoring me at the top of his cat tower.
How are things going on your end? Have you done anything exciting this weekend? Any new movies perhaps? Like one featuring a girl named Katniss and a cat named Buttercup?
I’m actually thinking about seeing it a second time tonight! That’s how much I liked it. Of course, I love, love, LOVE the books, so there’s also that.
Not much going on out here today. The only thing I have to do is go grocery shopping, and I really should go to Trader Joe’s. Sometimes when I’m lazy I just cheese out and go to Safeway instead, because it’s closer and less crowded, but whenever I do I end up spending twice as much for half as much food, much of it less healthy than what I can get at Trader Joe’s. So I should go to Trader Joe’s. We’ll see.
Whatever you’re up to, I hope it’s something fun.
A few beauty posts that caught my eye…
- Not ready to take my Hunger Games obsession this far…yet — BellaSugar
- I wish my nails were on fire! — The Nailasaurus
- The Ciate Caviar Manicure Kit is so bizarrely intriguing — British Beauty Blogger
- I love this look with the Illamasqua Neutral Palette — My Weekend Ramblings
- Yay! Mad Men is back, and so are the great style ideas — Keiko Lynn
- 5 very easy to ways to make food healthier — College Candy
- Framed! Matching Your Makeup to Your Glasses – Vogue.com
- Beautiful swatches of the China Glaze Capitol Colours collection (part 1, and here’s part 2)– Nails and Noms
- How to try a range of natural cosmetics from Jane Iredale without breaking the bank — Jenn Staz
- So bright and springy! A neon ombre/Skittle manicure — Swatch and Learn
They’re unrelenting! The makeup monsters are back, yet again, even though their fancy promotional poster is almost completely out of room, haha! Seriously, there’s no room left in that big poster down there. That, and I’m running out of monster ideas! Today, it was down to 1) a creature that eats makeup wipes and 2) one that devours lip plumpers.
But then at the last minute my eyes settled upon a lonely Chanel quad…
The Quad Swindler
Description: Once upon a time, a goblin employed by a big cosmetics guild was arrested for thievery by the local guard and sentenced to work as the royal wizard’s assistant.
The wizard, wanting for power and an endless supply of eyeshadow, magically transformed the goblin into the first Quad Swindler, with the idea being that the Swindler would then go out and steal eyeshadow and return it to the wizard.
Of course, the idea backfired, and the goblin fled into the countryside, where he/it stops eyeshadow owners along secluded roads to swindle them out of their pans of eyeshadow, which he/it uses to keep his quad filled. It’s all very complicated…
Frequency: Very rare
Armor Class: 6
Special Attacks: Fast-talking swindle
Special Defenses: NA
Alignment: Neutral, but obsessed about keeping his quad filled
Size: Medium (5′ tall)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,