Happy Sunday, friend. If you live here in the States, I hope you remembered to spring forward.
Spring! Spring! Spring!
My in-laws are visiting this weekend, and we’re on our way out to brunch. Banana pancakes for everyone!
A few beauty posts that caught my eye…
- Bobbi Brown’s new brow kit lets you customize your own brow shade — Cafe Makeup
- Love the blues and corals in the new Art Deco summer collection — Makeup4all
- NARS introduces the Artistry Sessions online video tutorials — Older Girl Beauty
- Are you as busy as you think? — The Wall Street Journal
- I found photographer Tom Hussey’s series of portraits called “Reflections” incredibly moving (use the arrows on the sides of the page to scroll through the pics) — Tom Hussey
- 18 ways to inspire everyone around you — Marc and Angel Hack Life
- Create your own custom makeup brushes with this DIY project — A Beautiful Mess
- A minimal makeup look featuring a pink cheek flush — Lisa Eldridge
- Just added to the to-try list: By Terry Mascara Terrybly — The Non-Blonde
- Is it a crime to meow at the moon? — Cat Gossip
The makeup monsters are back again this week with another beastie, this one a nightmarish creature of dark makeup magic!
Description: It’s a cold, windy day, and your lips are chapped. You pause outside the mall to re-apply your favorite lip balm when you hear a low groan behind you. You whip around! Floating there before you is a hideous orb-like creature with a single unblinking eye, a huge maw with extremely chapped, raw lips, and smaller eyes attached to wriggling stalks, gah!
Armor Class: 7 (flight makes them difficult to corner)
Special Attacks: Balm Beholders must consume moisturizing lip balms to survive. Any creature that makes eye contact for more than a second with the Beholder’s large eye is momentarily paralyzed by the monster’s stunning gaze attack, which the beholder uses to incapacitate victims while it steals their lip balm.
Special Defenses: None
Size: Medium (4′ diameter)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,