Good morning and happy Sunday, fellow beauty lover! 🙂 What’s new?
When I hopped off the treadmill this morning I thought I’d fiddle around for a few minutes online while I cooled down, but here it is two hours later, and I’m still fiddling around…
Fiddle, fiddle, fiddle!
It’s the Oscars stuff. It’s everywhere I look. I’m reading about the show tonight and who’s expected to win what, not that I usually watch awards shows, because I don’t. But I might tonight. I’m curious about a couple of the categories, and I love Billy Crystal.
Are you gonna watch? As much as I love movies (and you know I do!), I usually skip the awards shows and catch the recaps the next day…although, I did watch the Oscars last year, but that was mostly to check out James Franco.
Speaking of James, what’s homeboy been up to lately? He’s been kinda MIA.
No big plans for me today, other than chasing food trucks again. Oh, and I should do some cleaning… Bluh.
A few beauty posts that caught my eye…
- Free your mane, and the rest will follow! A new multiethnic hair product line that’s eco-conscious, too — We Heart This
- A heavy duty drugstore hand cream for less than $3!? Yes, please! — 15 Minute Beauty
- Sometimes, you just need to sit and do absolutely nothing for two minutes — Do Nothing for 2 Minutes
- Apparently, you can exercise your face muscles. Who knew? — The Grooming Guru
- The new shades of Clinique’s Almost Lipstick look fun — Lipstick Rules
- False lash application made easy with this step-by-step tutorial — Beaut.ie
- Rock ‘n’ roll nails! — The Nailasaurus
- Yay! Chanel adds darker shades to their Perfection Lumiere Foundation line — Vex in the City
- If you love typography as much as I do, you might love these Brazilian murals — Visual News
- For the Madge fans among us, a historical look at Madonna’s magazine covers — Retronaut
MAKEUP MONSTER: ABOMINABLE POWDER PUNISHER
DESCRIPTION: Abominable Powder Punishers are gargantuan, grossly confused and filthy beasts that perceive all powders as a threat. They believe that poofs of powder are actually swarms of tiny biting insects, and they swat furiously at them when exposed.
FREQUENCY: Rare (thank goodness!)
SPEED: Medium (see below)
ARMOR CLASS: 10+ (heavy fur acts as a form of padded armor)
SPECIAL ATTACKS: Incredibly fast swatting. When an Abominable Powder Punisher detects the presence of powder, or sees a poof of powder in the distance, it flies into an uncontrollable rage, swinging and swatting its huge clawed hands and roaring in a combination of fear and fury, “NoooOOOoOOoOO!!!”
SPECIAL DEFENSES: Berserker rage
SIZE: Huge (15′ tall)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,