Next time you make it out here to the San Francisco Bay Area, see if you can squeeze in a meal at one of the cute little restaurants on SF’s Claude Lane. It’s a small area with a European vibe (plenty of outdoor seating) a little off the beaten path about two blocks from Union Square. Just a couple of quaint cafes and restaurants, but I think it’s well worth checking out.
My first real job after college was at a company about one block away from the restaurant, and as I was walking from where I’d parked to meet the girls, I passed a few familiar haunts.
Back when I had that job, I was in my early 20s and very unsure of where I was headed in life or what the future held. I never could have imagined I’d ever be sitting at a desk in the town of Novato with a chubby tabby cat on my lap as I typed something like this to you…
It’s just weird! But also cool.
As I got closer to the restaurant the other night, I wondered, should I find myself walking down these same streets 10 years from now, what will I be up to then? Will I have children? Will I run into any old friends and share stories about how little Paul or Alexandra love art and music, but my parents think they should both be doctors? Or will I not have children? And will I be okay with that decision?
I don’t know… I just hope that wherever I am and whatever I’m doing, I’m happy. And you are, too.
A few beauty posts that caught my eye…
- Hmm… Maybe this will help me stop dressing like a teenage skater boy: How to organize your closet in 6 easy steps — The Glitter Guide
- These DIY teacup candles are too cute! — Everything Fabulous
- I absolutely LOVE this: 10 ways to celebrate yourself — Positively Present
- If you’re like me and always losing bobby pins, you might appreciate this super simple bathroom organizing tip — Super Woman
- 25 clever ideas to make life easier — The Daily Buzz
- I’ve been listening to Whitney all morning while reading this reprint of an interview from 1993 that she did with Rolling Stone… RIP, Whit — Rolling Stone
- The new YSL Vinyl Candy Palette looks like so much fun — Glitter Geek
- A glowy and fresh professional work makeup look — Lisa Eldridge
- Becca channels sultry for winter with Balearic Love — Makeup4all
- I’m always looking for makeup storage ideas, and this one looks great for lipstick — Makeup and Macaroons
MAKEUP MONSTER: LINER LAMIA
DESCRIPTION: Long, long ago, a powerful evil sorceress/former makeup artist created Liner Lamia to guard her makeup counter while she was away, but a small number of the mischievous creatures escaped! Tentacled gremlins with eye liners for arms, they really just like to mess up makeup.
ARMOR CLASS: 7
SPECIAL ATTACKS: Liner Lamia prefer surprise attacks over frontal assaults, typically striking while their victims are distractedly applying their makeup — for instance, while driving.
They are deathly afraid of mirrors.
SPECIAL DEFENSES: Nil
ALIGNMENT: Chaotic neutral
SIZE: Small (3′ tall)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,