Me: Karen, you should stop cruising the interwebz, because whenever you do it, you always end up with even moar lemmings.
Also Me: Karen, you shouldn’t stop cruising the interwebz, because whenever you do it, you always end up with even moar lemmings.
Do you see the problem here? Ah, the eternal conflict…
Sometimes I like to pretend that it makes a difference when the things I’m lusting after are things I know I would use all the time, like…
- Sephora Collection Colorful Shadow & Liner ($14 each) — The purple pencil I picked up last week was my gateway pencil into this line of cream stick shadows/eyeliners. I didn’t even realize there mattes until I got back home and looked them up on the Sephora website. Of course, now I want all the browns, as well as electric blue My Boyfriend’s Jeans, because it’s hard to find electric blue shadows/liners that are matte. Have you ever noticed that?
- Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo ($25) — I want to be a rebel and use this on a Saturday! 😎 I had an ill-fated run-in with a Klorane shampoo and conditioner for dry hair last week, and now my hair feels heavy…like it has 10 years of product built up in it. A friend recommended this clarifying shampoo, and I’m definitely gonna get it because I need something to get all of this stuff outta my hair. Plus, I read recently that clarifying shampoos can help with color-treated hair by removing excess product, so your hair color doesn’t look dull. I don’t know if that’s true, but I’m hoping it is?
- Pretty Vulgar Bird’s Nest Blurring Beauty Mousse Foundation ($44) — Gimme anything that with the word “blurring” in the name. The mousse part sounds cool, too. Lightweight!
- Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 ($36) — I’ve been using a few Drunk Elephant products for about month now, and I really like them a lot. This is their new tinted sunscreen, and I’m intrigued.
- Brooks Ravenna 8 ($110) — I think I’ve finally mostly recovered from the cold/cough from Hades I had. Dang, that thing lingered. I’m ready to get back into running again, and these colors remind me of Skittles.
- Athleta Ready Set Go 2 in 1 Short ($59) — It was HOT here in Novato a couple weeks ago, and I noticed one night at the gym where I go to my HIIT class that they have really crappy air conditioning. I was miserably hot in my Zella capris, which usually keep me cool, so I’m looking for some new workout shorts, but I don’t want to be wearing tight shorts, you know what I mean? And I don’t want shorts that are so loose that they go flapping in the wind and let everyone see my butt cheeks while I’m doing burpies. These shorts from Athleta look perfect! There’s a tighter base layer with looser shorts on top, so the boo-tay isn’t on display for all the world to see. I just wish they weren’t so expensive.
- May Coop Raw Sauce ($43) — My friend has dry skin (hey, Marisol!) and totally recommends this. Not that I need to throw another product up into my skin care mix, but it’s been windy here lately, and the wind sucks all of the moisture outta my face, especially my cheeks.
- Lancôme Matte Shaker Liquid Lipstick ($22) —
Breyerchic mentioned these Matte Shaker Liquid Lipsticks in the comments on a post and said that I NEED one in my life… This orange coral one is calling to me.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Shapeshifter ($45) — Urban Decay recently released these powder/cream contouring/highlighting blush palettes a while ago, and even though I’m not a contouring person (she says for the millionth time), I wanna try them, mostly because I think the packaging looks cool.
Have you been wanting anything lately? Wait — let me rephrase that. 🙂 What have you been wanting lately?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,