You guys probably already know this, but I’m a huge, HUGE Gwen Stefani fan.
The first time I saw her was in the “Just a Girl” video back before No Doubt really hit it big… It was on MTV at about 2 in the morning, and I remember thinking, “Um, this girl’s gonna be a star.”
I grew up listening to a lotta hip hop, but No Doubt’s spin on ska/punk (and Gwen’s style and energy) opened a door to a whole new world of music for me.
So when I got an email from the folks behind Harajuku Lovers offering to give one Makeup and Beauty Blog reader an autographed (by Gwen herself) set of the new Harajuku Lovers Sunshine Cuties fragrances (a $150 value), I (to put it mildly) LOST MY SH*T!
The five limited-edition bottles are almost too cute for words. Love, Angel, Music, Baby and G look like they’re ready for summer in their cutie-pie bikini beach wear (they even got their nails did, aww!).
- G: A blend of coconut, apple, mandarin, freesia and sandalwood
- Love: A sensual floral with bergamot (a citrus fruit), peach, jasmine and musk
- Lilâ€™ Angel: A fruity floral with raspberry, pineapple rose and amber
- Music: A delicate floral with clementine, pear, sweet pea and vanilla
- Baby: A powdery scent with freesia, rose, musk and violet
And, HOLLA! Gwen will have touched them.
The MBB Gwen Stefani Makeup Challenge
I hope you’re ready, because today’s prize involves a challenge.
To enter the challenge, all you have to do is submit your very own Gwen Stefani-inspired makeup look to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ways to submit your look…
- Either email 1-3 pictures of yourself wearing your look in .jpg format. Images should be 450 pixels wide or larger (no low res cameraphone pics please).
- You may also submit your entry as links to high res (again 450 pixels wide or larger) images hosted on Flickr, Imageshack, Twitpic or another free image hosting service or…
- You can also submit your look by video. Just send me the link to YouTube, Vimeo or any other free video hosting site.
NOTE: By entering, you also agree to grant me permission to post your look in a future entry on the blog.
Now, your makeup DOES NOT have to be an exact replica of Gwen’s. Just have fun with it, but I should be able to see the inspiration and that you’re channeling Gwen in some way.
If you want, go full-on G. Stef style by doing up your hair or wearing a Gwen-ish outfit! — whatever strikes your fancy.
I’ll consider EVERY submission and choose the winner based on originality, photographic quality (no camera phone pics please) and how well it channels Gwen.
I know this is a departure from our usual comment/tweet giveaways, but your chances of winning should be substantially greater since there’s some effort involved (and consequently there should be far fewer than the usual 300-600 entries).
Sorry, international babes, you know I’ve usually got yo’ back, but the Harajuku Lovers PR folks insisted that I limit entries to US peeps only. Not to worry, though, because I’m prepping a different challenge for a different look and accompanying prize that will ONLY be open to you international readers.
To qualify, submit your entry (one entry per person) by Monday, March 29, at 11:59PM PST, and I’ll announce the winner on the blog the following morning (March 30).
Legal stuff: Must be 18 years of age or older and a valid resident of the United States; deadline to enter is Monday, March 29, 11:59PM PST; one entry per person; void where prohibited by law.
I’m really excited about this and can’t wait to see what you guys come up with.
Ahh ha, that’s my sh*t, all the girls stomp your feet like this…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Are ya on Twitter? Catch up on the latest Harajuku Lovers news by following @HarajukuLover_G. Expect to see lots of fun HL tidbits and giveaways!