Tabs still hasn’t stopped talking about the last Sunday Pet Poll. He quite enjoyed reading about your pet companions and furry (and fur-less) friends, and when I asked him if he thought we should do it again, he immediately replied, “Mrow!”
Tabby gets what tabby wants, so here we go.
Same idea as the Monday Poll. Just copy/paste the list at the bottom into your comment.
Who is Tabs the Cat? About three years ago I befriended a stray, flea-bitten tabby cat with a bad case of worms. I could see he’d fallen on hard times, but his profound knowledge of high fashion and department store cosmetics led me to believe that he was more than meets the eye. We became fast friends, and now he’s actually my boss (and a successful kitty model).
The Sundays with Tabs Sunday Pet Poll
- How would you describe your pet in a Twitter tweet (140 characters max)?
- How does your pet respond when you get home after a long trip?
- Can your pet do any tricks?
- Does your pet like people food?
- Where does your pet like to sleep?
- Is your pet getting anything for the holidays?
- Does your pet have any sworn enemies?
- Where’s your pet at this very second?
- Does your pet ever mess with your beauty products?
Tabs is a 5-year-old 18-pound American Shorthair kitty supermodel, image consultant and blogger with gray, black and orange tabby markings.
He rolls on his back, flashes his tum and meows up a storm! After 15 minutes of that, he generally won’t let me out of his sight for at least a full day.
Does kitty modeling count? Or how about looking stylish in jewelry? Other than modeling, he’s not big into tricks. He does like to play fetch with El Hub, but that’s more of a game than a trick, and it has to be his idea.
He didn’t for the longest time. For years he was content with Fancy Feast in Gravy and Science Diet (and the occasional piece of sliced turkey), but over the past few months he’s become more brazen at the dinner table. Now I can’t leave any food unattended, because if I do he’ll jump on the table and explore. So far he’s employed this approach to taste test wheat bread, smoked salmon and yogurt. Sigh…
In about 10 different places around the house. There’s at least one in every room. Lately, he’s all about sleeping on the treadmill, draped across El Hub’s stinky running shoes, at the foot of the bed, at the top of his cat tower in the living room, in the laundry basket (but only on top of clean clothes, which is weird considering how much he likes dirty shoes and socks) and in the bathroom sink.
I wish he’d sleep on the bed with me at night, but he only does that once in a blue moon.
Possibly a new cat tower, because his current one is falling apart. Maybe that or a heated pet bed, but the kitty-sized ones I’ve seen all look too small for him. If I upgrade him to doggy-sized and he finds out, there will be hell to pay.
Oh, yes. Right now it’s the neighbor’s Russian Blue. Ever since Tabs caught him bogarting the catnip plant in the front yard, the two haven’t been on good terms.
He’s standing up on my lap, with his body draped over my right arm. Kinda hard to tlype ligke thjis, but watcha gonna do?
He actually does! He likes to hide things, especially eyelash curlers, which he’ll bat around until he gets them good and stuck under a dresser. I’ve yet to catch him messing with my brushes, though (knock on wood).
1. How would you describe your pet in a Twitter tweet (140 characters max)?
2. How does your pet respond when you get home after a long trip?
3. Can your pet do any tricks?
4. Does your pet like people food?
5. Where does your pet like to sleep?
6. Is your pet getting anything for the holidays?
7. Does your pet have any sworn enemies?
8. Where’s your pet at this very second?
9. Does your pet ever mess with your beauty products?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,