Crab cakes, tuna tacos and sweet turkey crisps, cat intrigue and politicking, tons of tail twitching and furtive glances — I tell ya, there’s nothing quite like a Tabs the Cat Halloween Masquerade Ball. 🙂
Don’t forget to check your mailbox this week because the invites have gone out, and if this year’s gala is anything like last year’s, it’ll be one of the hottest parties of the year.
As you might recall, last year’s ball was the scene of a foiled plot to push Vladimir Puss ‘N’ Mau off the banister directly on top of Tabs, and the culprit cat was never caught. He fled the scene wearing a teddy bear mask and disappeared into the night…
But that wasn’t the only shocking development. We also found some vandalism in Tabs’ study, the words “CL was here” scratched into an antique desk.
This year, we really beefed up security, though, so we’re hoping that nothing nefarious happens. It would be a shame to have something overshadow the costumes.
Speaking of that, here’s a new Halloween cat makeup tutorial by Tabs… Hope you like. 🙂
- Primer — Go with one that suits your fur type; I went with an anti-aging formula for dry or combination fur.
- Full-coverage black cream stick foundation — Matte, velvet or shimmer. The finish is entirely up to you, but I prefer a sheen finish, which has a hint of glossy shine.
- Black liquid nose and cheek tint — Liquid nose and cheek tints are easy to blend and layer, which is why I like working with them. Like the cream stick foundation, you have a lot of room to play in terms of finish. I ended up sticking with the same sheen finish for the sake of continuity.
- Black kohl pencil — Black liner instantly intensifies your look.
- Golden yellow contacts — A fun extra touch.
- Kabuki brush
- Beauty Blender
- Pour a dollop of primer into your paw. Blend the primer by going in the direction of your fur, not against it. Wait a few minutes for your primer to completely dry before moving on to the next step.
- Gently massage a full-coverage black cream stick foundation into your fur with your paws, swirling and tapping until the foundation covers most of your natural fur color and markings. Buff away any heavy areas with a kabuki brush, and repeat the process until you reach the level of coverage you want. Also take care to smooth out any patchy areas.
- Dot a multi-purpose black liquid nose and cheek tint on your nose and whisker pads, then stipple and blend using a Beauty Blender sponge to thoroughly blend the product.
- Rim your water lines and lash lines with a black kohl pencil to enhance your illusion of black cat-ness.
- Optional: if you want to go the extra mile, apply golden yellow contacts.
(NOTE: No cats received actual makeovers in the preparation of this tutorial…even though I’m sure you already knew that. But still, please don’t put makeup on your kitty cat.)
About Purina Pro Plan Cat food
Whenever I fill his bowl with Purina Pro Plan Indoor Care dry cat food, Tabs comes running from wherever he is in the house, even when he still has some food left. I guess he prefers it fresh…as in straight out of the bag! Purina Pro Plan’s wide range of dry and wet cat foods and snacks, sold exclusively at pet specialty stores, can be found in three unique nutritional platforms — Savor, Finesse, and Focus — with each formula designed to provide advanced nutrition to help bring out the best in your cat. For more information about them, visit www.proplan.com, and follow Purina Pro Plan Cat on Twitter @proplancat.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addicts,
Karen and Tabs