My bare bones basics for natural makeup looks are devoted to evening out my skin tone, covering up dark circles, filling in my brows, adding a little color to my cheeks and lips, and then doing whatever extra I can to brighten and open my eyes, which usually means incorporating a curl-holding mascara and a shimmery shadow on my lids and in the inner corners.
Yeah…I guess that’s quite a bit of makeup for an allegedly “natural look.” (“Air quotes.”)
Not everything here is necessary, of course. I switch things up all the time, depending on the clock and how far behind it I am, and how I’m feeling that day, but this is my general list. I can’t wait to read yours!
Basics for a “natural makeup look”
- SKIN: MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance, MAC Face and Body Foundation, NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
- DARK CIRCLES: MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter in Bright Forecast, MAC Pro Longwear Concealer and YSL Touche Eclat
- BROWS: Hourglass Arch, MAC Brun and Cork Eye Shadows
- COLOR FOR CHEEKS: MAC Give Me Sun Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, MAC Warm Soul Blush, MAC Cantaloupe Blush
- LIPS: MAC Subculture Lip Liner, and whatever nude gloss happens to be in my purse at the moment.
- EYES: Clarins Be Long Mascara (curl hold like WHOA), MAC Ricepaper Eye Shadow and MAC Woodwinked Eye Shadow
How about you? What are your staples/go-to bare minimum requirements for a natural makeup look?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Happy Thursday!