Good morning, sweet girl! It’s nice to see you. 🙂 I’m glad you could stop by this morning. I hope you’re on your way to do something fun.
Oh, my gosh, speaking of that, it just dawned on me that it’ll be June in like 5 seconds! — and I don’t really have plans yet for fun summer activities, other than a trip we’re taking to Hawaii next month, which I am extremely, ridiculously, out of my mind excited about.
But I mean other things, too, because I don’t know if going to Sephora and Ulta count as fun summer activities.
Well, actually, of course they do. 🙂
But seriously, Connor’s bigger now, so I’m looking for other summery things to do, like I’ve heard that the Oakland Zoo and Heart’s Desire Beach in Tomales Bay are supposed to be fun for the kiddos.
Anyway, I’m working on that this weekend, I also have to do, you know, boring prerequisite life stuff, like paying bills, vacuuming, maybe planting some tomatoes on the deck garden, cleaning the dish rack because it gets ugly hard water stains, going grocery shopping because we’re out of chips.
You know, errand stuff.
Oh, and tomorrow I’m going to dim sum with my mom and brother, which should be fun.
Whatcha up to? Is the weather warm there? It looks like it’s going to be nice here today. It’s definitely getting warm.
Before you go, here are a few stories that caught my eye this week…
- In case you’re curious about how the amaze-balls BECCA X Chrissy Teigen palette looks on lighter skin tones.
- Well, it looks like I’ll be scouring the corners of the earth this summer to find these new Frida Kahlo-inspired lipsticks, because they are EVERYTHING.
- Pore busters for sensitive skin — yes, please!
- Buuuuuut wait! Where are the cats in the new Paul & Joe summer collection?
- Best makeup setting sprays so that you can set it and forget it.
- Um…is this my long, lost child?! This kid asked for a Golden Girls-Themed Birthday Party!
- A possible dupe for Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara? L’Oreal’s Voluminous Lash Paradise looks awfully similar.
- Tattoos are the new toupees.
- Speaking of hair, is it true that your hair changes every seven years?
- I can’t believe this is possible: you can travel around the world and stay at people’s houses if you take care of their pets.
- I wish something like this would happen in my town: a rouge floral artist is going around NYC making huge arrangements in mundane things like trash cans.
- Not beauty related, but this story haunted me all week. My Family’s Slave is about how Filipino writer Alex Tizon’s parents had kept a peasant woman named Eudocia Tomas Pulido as a household slave (!), even after emigrating to the U.S. from the Philippines.
- For my creative peeps: happiness research shows the biggest obstacle to creativity is being too busy.
- I love looking at old pictures, and these snapshots show how in many ways motherhood is still the same as it was 50 years ago.
- Someone is going to museums adding smiles to classical art pieces using FaceApp, and it’s hilarious.
- 6 grammar mistakes everyone makes
- And just in case you missed them on the blog this week, some thoughts on the BECCA Sunlit Bronzers, the hair brand IGK, the coco-nutty new items from Marc Jacobs, the Surratt versus the Shiseido lash curler and the most amazing purple liner (it’s affordable, too!).
I’ve always wondered what would happen if you baked a log of cookie dough…
Because I still can’t get over Chris Cornell…
Oh, and if you have the chance to eat a scoop of ice cream today, I say GO FOR IT. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,