Oh, my gawd, is that The Rock on a package of nail polish?
Yeah, I think it is!
How random is this? Maybe I’m late to the party, but I had no idea they were remaking the old-school Baywatch show as a movie (quick question, though: why??), and the nail brand Artistic (they do gel polishes that require curing with an LED or UV lamp) is coming out with a Baywatch movie-themed collab this month.
Some of these shades look like colors I’d wear, like Resting Beach Face. Haha! Cheeky name. 🙂
Happy Saturday and happy Mother’s Day weekend!!!
How are you today, friend? This might sound weird, but I’m REALLY excited about going for a run on the treadmill in a little while. I fell out of the habit when I caught a cold last month, and I feel it. My back aches, and I get tired more easily. I’m back to going to my HIIT high intensity interval training classes two days a week, but it’s amazing how quickly I start getting out of shape if I cut back on exercising even a little.
So I’m looking forward to logging some miles today. A little sweat is good for the soul.
Speaking of that, you know what else is good for the soul? Concealer. And lipstick. And mascara. And maybe some brow gel, too. 🙂
On that note, here are some beauty stories that caught my eye this week…
- Back in the day, getting your roots done was hella sketchy!
- Beautiful pans and gorgeous warm shades await you in the new Clarins Sunkissed Summer Collection.
- The new creamy, dreamy Dolce & Gabbana Miss Sicily Colour Balms.
- Sometimes I forget that beauty products (with the exception of color additives) don’t require FDA approval before going to market. Now Senators Dianne Feinstein and Susan Collins are proposing a bill that would give the FDA the authority to regulate the safety of beauty products.
- This new trend is a mother… A mother of pearl, that is!
- Erin of The Hauteblogger shares her most loved BECCA products on her podcast.
- How cute is the packaging for the MAC Steve J. & Yoni P. collection?
- We could see more “friendly” bacteria in skin care soon.
- These Bay Area makeup thieves were crazy organized! — I’ll give ’em that. Look at all those bins!
- Um…this isn’t helping with my current state of Charlotte Tilbury makeup lust!
- Because I’m a voyeur like that — these 19 people share the five products they use daily.
- According to a makeup artist, these are the seven products you should never spend more than $10 on.
This is blowing my mind! You can get big waves without using a heat styler? Who knew!
This updo is chic and easy. Gonna try it this weekend.
OK, I’m heading to Costco in a few. Wish me luck. I need to get industrial-sized bags of spinach and kale to make some healthy juices next week.
To all the moms out there, including my fellow pet moms, happy early Mother’s Day. Talk to you soon.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,