- Oh, snap! MAC at Ulta!? Yup, pretty soon you’ll be able to stroll into an Ulta store and snag a stick of Costa Riche. MAC is going to be carried on the Ulta website and in 25 Ulta stores starting in June.
Dear Ulta: now please add a restaurant so I can grab a grilled cheese and a latte while I’m there. Thx.
- In this piece about why women need their girlfriends even more as we get older, author Kari Kampakis gets some great advice from a group of older gals, and I’m taking it to heart. “Don’t ever lose touch with your girlfriends, sweetheart. The older you get, the more you’ll need them.”
- Did you ever wear Love’s Baby Soft? Here’s the fascinating (and sometimes full-on creepy) backstory of one of our most iconic fragrances.
- Two words: magnetic lashes. Who’s the glorious genius who invented these potentially life-changing doohickeys, and can I shake her hand?!
I REALLY want to try these ASAP, and I’m desperately hoping they won’t weigh down my lids.
- Some makeup-minded thieves recently stole $4.5 million in eyeshadow palettes… Holy cosmetics criminality, Batman!
- Apparently, foundation is really gross. I wanted to look away when I saw the title of this post (“Here’s How Much Bacteria Is Actually On Your Makeup Products”), but you know how it is… Curious kitty and all.
- I printed out this article and put it into a file I have of tips on raising Connor Claire (I’m nerdy that way, and I like to be prepared): “Want to Raise Empowered Women? Start in Middle School.”
- The best places to do a little retail therapy in NYC.
- The brilliant, bad-@ss and beautiful Rae from the Notice explores a budget beauty line that looks totally on point.
- What’s it really like to get a custom makeup makeover at Sephora?
- POP goes the Easel! 🙂 These new NARS Nordstrom exclusives look like a lot of fun.
- Will your skin lurve new It Cosmetics Confidence in a Compact Foundation?
- 5 ways to save, even if you occasionally splurge.
- Ever heard of a skincare brand called Scaf?Whoever did their packaging gets a high-five from me!
- If you follow the beauty biz, you might find this roundup of 2017 Beauty & Social Trends interesting.
- And from earlier this week on MBB…here’s a little look at a neat indie luxury brand called Kosas Cosmetics.
In other news, Benefit has some new contouring products and a spiffy pink highlighter, and here’s what it’s like to wear Urban Decay’s HBIC lash trios.
Wow… THIS IS BREATHTAKING! One of these days — I swear — I’m going to learn how to ride a horse!
The most realistic makeup tutorial to EVER hit YouTube! My favorite part? “My everyday makeup routine generally starts with a primer. I use this MAC primer that a lady sold me against my will. She was really attractive, and I was threatened by her, so I was just like, ‘I’ll just buy it because I’m intimidated by you.'”
Ooh, I’m going to try this combo with MAC Swiss Chocolate and Heroine Lipstick!
I keep trying to convince my body that’s it’s OK to sleep in a little on Caturdays, but it’s like, “Nope! Not gonna do it. WAKE THE EFF UP ALREADY.”
So I’m up early…but on the #glasshalffull side, maybe I can get my chores done early. 🙂 That way I can finish marathon-ing the second season of Love on Netflix. I’ve got a box of Pop Secret and a couch ready for my butt, LOL!
I may or may not also run a few miles on the treadmill…but we’ll see about that.
I hope your coffee is already on its way to your tum, my friend. May adventure find you.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,