Um…is anybody else low-key freaking out about the new Trader Joe’s Fearless Flyer?
I guess they redesigned it, and I just got one in the mail the other day.
First impression? “Ooh, colorful!” But it seemed kind of thin with fewer pages than usual. Then I set it aside to read later in bed. (Don’t judge! It’s normally great bedtime reading.)
I can’t believe it! Where did all the rambling intros with fun facts about coffee beans, weather patterns, ducklings and four-leaf clovers go?? Or the clever puns and silly wordplay? Everything in this new version is succinct, matte-of-fact and blah. It looks great, but dayum, TJ, why you gotta do me like that!? BRING BACK THE OLD FEARLESS FLYER!
On that note, a little light reading for your Saturday morning (beauty and otherwise)…
- The hidden history behind the Maybelline New York makeup line
- Ehrmahgawhd! The print on this dress is purr-fection. WANT.
- Lumpia and pancit for everyone! The food of my people is gonna be the next big culinary thing, according to Vogue.
- Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about Clinique Black Honey Almost Lipstick
- How do the chemicals in sunscreen protect our skin from damage?
- Makeup legend Pat McGrath talks makeup, tech and what’s next in the future of beauty.
- Thanks, Carolina, for giving me a serious Dior mascara lemming.
- My girl Adia compiled a lengthy list of nude lipsticks for deeper skin tones, YES!
- And in case you missed it, here’s the skinny on the awesome Ouai haircare line, Urban Decay’s newest Naked Heat Palette (it’s hot stuff), Milk Makeup’s skin-like Sunshine tint, and how your face powder can be a secret makeup weapon in your beauty arsenal.
Violette_Fr’s videos are binge-worthy. SO GOOD!
Playing this all the time, over and over and over again…
Makeup in 5, 10 and 15 minutes with MAC Next to Nothing (a.k.a. my favorite thing in the world right now)
I’m in last-minute vacay mode, packing and getting the place ready for the tabby’s favorite pet sitter. As Tabs explains it, he’s a consummate deep-tissue kitty massage pro. He’ll be the tabby’s on-site temp assistant this week.
I wish I could bring Tabs along on this trip, though. I briefly contemplated emptying my big green bag and trying to sneak him aboard in it, but I can see the TSA agent now. “Um…ma’am? Is there a large cat in your bag??”
Well, yeah, obviously. 🙂
Do you ever wish you could bring your pets on vacation with you? I wish I could every time.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,