Babe, if you’re one of those lucky people able to sleep in Saturday mornings, I’m majorly jealous. I get up at 5:30 during the week, and I really, REALLY wanted sleep in till at least 7:30 this morning, but alas, my body had other plans… I’ve been up since 6, GAH!
Oh, well. At least I’ve gotten a few things done. I watered the plants in the Lady Sanctuary, made food, fed the baby, ran on the treadmill (BTW, one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. Got it in 2011 with an extended warranty, and it still gets use.), and now I’m about to go KonMari Method on the mountain of miscellaneous baby accouterments, like giant pregnancy pillows and too-small diapers, that now lives in the middle of my bedroom.
So at least there’s that… No sleeping in, but at least I’ve been moderately productive.
What’s new in your neck of the woods? How are you doing? If you have a few moments to unwind, stay a while! Put your feet up, kick back, relax, and check out some of these stories online. For one reason or another, all of these caught my eye this week…
- Yo, Tabs and I are doing this! Up your crazy cat lady game by getting a matching mani…with your cat. (I love scarymommy.com, BTW. Lots of interesting articles.)
- It’s a trip down the Internet rabbit hole, but visit the Skincare Addiction subreddit if you can. There’s lots of handy info, even in the sidebar, which has fact sheets on topics ranging from stretch marks to paraben safety.
- Can Container Store’s Luxe makeup organization system handle
myyour next-level hoarders lipstick stash?
- QVC is buying HSN for $2.1 Billion to form…wait for it…QHVSCN! Not really though. 🙂
- The best of the best from Bobbi Brown
- Fun fact: when you eat a dried fig, you are probably also nomming on wasp mummies. Bon appetit!
- Sabrina has the skinny on the best summer foundations.
- BareMinerals wants to make a statement with their latest lip collection.
- This bestselling gadget on Amazon allegedly obliterates your lady mustache, so, obviously, I wanna try it.
- Among others things I learned from this post on weirdly accurate Amazon reviews, I learned that cat food allegedly tastes pretty good… Allegedly.
- Congress doesn’t feel that sleeveless clothing is appropriate work attire for women.
- 5 modern day Shakespeares (including one of my favorite lyricists, hip-hop artist Kendrick Lamar)
- The most annoying mistakes you can make on a résumé, according to an expert who’s reviewed more than 40,000 of them.
(That’s a lot!)
Have a good rest of your Saturday, OK? I hope it’s a nice day there. I have a few more chores to do and one errand to run, but them I’m driving into the city for high tea at the Fairmont with a few friends from school. That should be fun. Scones and lemon curd for everyone!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,