Hi, babe. Happy first of July.
Yup, you read that correctly. It’s July! Summer is chugging right along. Here in the US, this is our Independence Day holiday weekend. If you have a four-day weekend, lucky you! I hope you get to sleep in.
So, after I got home from dinner last night, which was fun, I watched an episode of American Nina Warrior, and for a brief moment, between bites of a chocolate chip cookie and sips of pink lemonade (which sounds like a weird combo but totally works), I thought, “I could do that.”
Then, I came back to reality, LOL!
Have you ever watched that show? It’s addictive but kind of stressful to watch, especially late at night, because you start to really pull for the competitors.
Right now I’m about to catch on some reading. El Hub got an issue of Popular Science, which I started reading last week and want to finally finish (this one’s all about climate change), and I’m also going to finish a few chapters of The Wolf Road, the young adult novel I’ve been chipping away at for the past month.
If you happen to be looking for something to read, I got ‘chu, girl! 🙂
- Can someone please give the FDA more money? Because they’re getting complaints about beauty side effects.
- The writer behind Netflix’s awesome GLOW (the show about women’s wrestling) tells you exactly how she got her job.
- When you start reading about urine therapy as a treatment for pimples and you just can’t look away…
- I’ve been following luxury perfumer Frederic Malle for a while now, and ever since I read this quote from him, I’ve loved him that much more: “I was at Chateau Marmont yesterday in the elevator and there was this girl preparing for a party, and I was really sad for her because she smelled like a Duty Free.”
Perfumers. They throw shade, too.
- Big hair. Let’s go there! Maybe this list of the best and worst luxury and drugstore volume shampoos will help us get there?
- For all my red lip lovers: I think you’ll love this Urban Decay Red Lipstick Guide.
- Aaaaand MOAR reds! Because summery MAC reds are always a good thing.
- Now that it’s summer, gimme all the schemxy summer body oils, please.
- Taylor’s such a babe! I love her makeup aesthetic. Here are some of her picks for natural, luminous beauty.
- Rae has the 411 on Make Up For Ever’s new Ultra HD Lip Booster.
- In case you’ve been totally baffled by it, here is the Unicorn craze, explained.
I hope your Saturday Cinderella chores go by in a flash so that you can promptly get on to the important business of enjoying your weekend. 🙂 Have a great one, my friend!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,