Good mornin’ and happy Caturday! ?
How cute are these flowers?? Aren’t they sweet? See the kitties? My friend Marisol sent them to me for the blog’s 10th birthday, and they’ve been brightening my days all week. 🙂
I hope your coffee is hot and breakfast is on. Just out of culinary curiosity…are there any delicious pancakes involved? I could really go for some pancakes right now… Maybe I’ll make some.
Please tell that me your to-do list is mercifully short today. It’s Saturday, after all. You deserve a day of rest!
My list is relatively short…for now. I’m embarking upon a very daunting eight-week spring cleaning project, so I got some large plastic bins from The Container Store for camera doo-dads and beauty products in my office.
They aren’t fancy, but hopefully they help.
As for choosing to do it for eight weeks — where did I get that number? Well, I started this thing back in January where I try to focus on one personal project at a time for eight weeks. In January, I decided to eat healthy for eight weeks, and I did it! So that’s the rationale.
Sure, I fell off the wagon a few times and had, like, a cupcake or a bite of ice cream, but I managed to meet my goal.
Doing the eight-week-blocks thing just seem to make big projects easier for me to handle.
In other news…
- Sir John (makeup artist to Beyoncé, Naomi Campbell and Joan Small, among others) is my makeup spirit animal. He’s worked with both Pat McGrath and Charlotte Tilbury and spills the beans about them in this in-depth piece.
He also talks about his favorite makeup and why he wishes that the baking and contouring makeup trends would just stop already.
- Remember that scene from The Craft where Robin Tunney’s character instantly changes her hair color? That witchy magic was the inspiration behind this color-changing semi-permanent hair dye invented by chemist/fashion designer Lauren Bowker. SIGN ME UP.
- Speaking of hair, if you’re having a bad hair day, no worries! Just wear a Lego Hair Bike Helmet!
- I’ve always felt like I do my best creative work alone, but according to some experts, the most groundbreaking creative works are collaborative efforts.
- No more metallic robot face! ? Here’s a technique for strobing that yields natural-looking results, and it’s easy.
- Is that a mint green mascara in the new Givenchy Gypsophila Summer 2017 Collection??
- Hello, shower oils, and buh-bye, dry skin.
- Um, not that I need another bluish green lacquer, but that shade from the new batch of Chanel spring 2017 nail polishes needs to get on my nails ASAP.
- Makeup tips for the bronzer-challenged!
- What’s the difference between NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer? Sabrina from The Beauty Look Book breaks it down.
- Long-wearing, creamy and pigmented? The NYX Pin Up Pout Lipsticks look absolutely delicious!
- And in case you missed it, here are the deets on the new MAC Work It Out Crystal Glaze Glosses and Mascaras, the new Hourglass Voyeur Liquid Liner and body care goodies from Yuni.
I really like how Romero Jennings uses the 109 brush to diffuse products in this glowy skin video
Color theory and how it applies to finding your undertones, explained by Bay Area gal SF Steph (video)
Step up your eye makeup game with these hooded eye makeup tips (video)
Enjoy the rest of your day, my friend. Stop by and say hi if you can. You know I always love to hear from you. I hope your lashes are extra curly and extra flirty today. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,