Heya and happy 🐈🌸😺 Caturday!
With the whole athleisure makeup trend blowing up, I assumed that the MAC Work It Out collection (coming March 2nd) would be all about sweat-proof products to wear while doing switch lunges and pull-ups, buuut now I think it was more inspired by ’80s ladies in Jazzercise leotards and leg warmers, as opposed to actual sweating.
Hey, that’s cool, too!
The collection’s all about lashes and features 16 (!) colorful versions of MAC In Extra Dimension Lash Mascara, as well as four Lipsticks, six Crystal Glaze Glosses, three Studio Quiktrik Sticks and six Chromagraphic Pencils.
Oh, and remember the scented Prep + Prime Fix+ from last year that basically broke the Internet? Mini “to go” $12 bottles of Coconut, Rose and Lavender are coming back in Work It Out.
There are a bunch of MAC collections arriving in March and April (but, honestly, when is there NOT a MAC collection coming out?).
MAC Great Brows (also March 2nd), which introduces a new all-in-one brow kit, and also includes Brushstroke Liner, a.k.a. “the pizza cutter liner,” which was heavily hyped over NYFW.
Eyes on MAC (another March 2nd release) launches with a bunch of nine-pan eyeshadow palettes…
I haven’t had the greatest luck with these pocket-sized pretties in the past… A lot of the time I just don’t think they’re of the same quality as the shadows in the permanent line, but we shall see.
In other beauty news…
- Ever wonder how/through what magic the big box-office stars look so great in movies, especially in close-ups? Yup, it’s technology, and filmmakers call it “beauty work.” Digital artists go frame by frame to slim, de-age and enhance faces and bodies. It’s fascinating!
- Legend has it that if you regularly wear this shade of Estée Lauder Lipstick…you’ll be married in a year.
Anyone willing to test this?
- Does Armani’s latest long-wearing foundation really last 16 hours?
- Ruh-roh! You might want to check that bottle of NO. 5 to make sure it’s legit, because a massive criminal ring that was selling fake perfumes and cosmetics (including Chanel and Lancôme) was just busted in China.
- One of the new-ish indie brands I’ve been eager to try is Kosas Cosmetics. They’re based out of So Cal and make SUPER saturated lipsticks.
- If I could turn back time, I’d study cosmetics chemistry like entrepreneur Florence Adepoju. Shortly after getting her degree in Cosmetic Science at the London College of Fashion in 2014, she launched her own beauty company called MDMflow, which is now known for their lipsticks and mascaras.
- Marc Jacobs recently released a whole lotta colorful liners.
- Turns out that beauty routines do, in fact, have pretty powerful cognitive benefits, and makeup can help people dealing with anxiety and depression.
- Could my curly lash dreams come true? Lash lifts are like a perm for your lashes, and, apparently, they’re AMAZEBALLS if you have stick-straight lashes.
- Ah, the tyranny of having too many choices… If you can’t figure out what to paint your paws with this weekend, here are a bunch of beautiful neutral everyday nail polishes to help you decide.
- While you’re in Vegas watching the Magic Mike live show (Can I come with!?), take some time to stop by the new NYX store. P.S. You’ll have to wait a few years.
Glossy lids are a big trend right now, and Jackie Aina nails the look.
Polished, pretty makeup in 10-minutes? That’s my kind of makeup!
And because I’m always trying to step up my eye makeup game…
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, my friend. I know that you probably have to do some errands and stuff, but I hope you sneak in some time today to relax and recharge.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,