If we didn’t have company over (Connor’s grandparents have a playdate with Ms. Thang), I’d be parked on the couch, playing with palettes and watching Midsomer Muders ALL DAY LONG.
I totally blame Jessica for this. She mentioned the show on Facebook, so I gave it a go, and now I’m straight-up obsessed.
It’s a detective show set in a rural U.K. village where you might think the most dramatic thing to happen would be someone getting a flat bicycle tire, but noooo! All sorts of sordid things churn in the village’s seedy underbelly… People are dying left and right of unnatural causes!
It’s pretty slow paced, even though creepy stuff happens, so it isn’t terribly stressful. I love it. I watched it every night this week tucked under a blanket with a cup of Sleepytime tea.
Anywho, that’s what I’m binging.
In other news…here are some things that caught my makeup-lovin’ eye this week.
- The search for Frida Kahlo at CVS continues (on that note, I’m quoted a few times in this piece).
- Are you one of those people who goes nuts every time you see the word “sequence” mistakenly used in place of “sequins”?
Yeah, me too. 🙂 But that really doesn’t have anything to do with this article, other than the fact that it probably contains everything you ever wanted to know about the history of sequins (NOT SEQUENCE).
- Disney just bought a cool technology called Makeup Lamps, which are kind of like living filters for your face. They paint your skin with digital pixels and can add makeup, shadows, lights and wrinkles.
Um…Disney? Could you please figure out a way to make this thing remove wrinkles?!
- I had no idea you could do this! Apparently, one can get their own bespoke Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer made at Bergdorfs.
- Just when you thought you saw your last unicorn, here’s a dude with a unicorn beard.
- Here’s some background on the two siblings behind ColourPop and how they used digital marketing to turn the brand into one of the major players in the beauty biz.
- Oh, Instagram, what will you think of next? Marble lip art is now a thing.
- If you can’t get enough rose gold, you’ll probably love Jouer’s spring 2017 collection. Super pretty!
- Long-wearing beauty products that don’t budge? Yes, please!
- The Viseart Petite Pro Palette is so dainty!
- And just in case you missed it, here are the goods on the delicious new MAC Fruity Juicy collection, the awesome and affordable Revlon ColorStay Creme Shadow (might be a good one to keep on your list if you go to Walgreens this weekend for the Revlon BOGO 50% sale on Sunday, April 30th), some new cheek products from It Cosmetics and the best drugstore false lashes around.
Have yourself an epic weekend, ‘k? Please do something fun. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,