A week ago I was sitting on a beach in shorts, a T-shirt and flip-flops. Today, I’m parked in front of my computer in sweats, a turtleneck and rainbow striped toe socks. It’s freezing here in Nor Cal, yo!
If you’re reading this from warmer climes, please note: I envy you.
This morning I desperately needed to warm it up, Chris (I’m about to), so I snagged a chai tea latte from Starbucks (NOM!) and looked through the pictures I took last week.
A few things hit me…
…like, doesn’t Tabs look like a bird of paradise from certain angles?
It’s weird that I hardly wore any makeup on the trip (weird because I usually do). At a minimum, I usually fill in my brows and throw on a little concealer, but this time all I wore was an occasional gloss and some waterproof mascara.
I did buy a tube of Maybelline Full ‘N Soft Waterproof Mascara ($6) on the island because I forgot to bring a mascara, and eh, it was alright. I think it looks its best after two coats and resists smudging pretty well. If you’re looking for a better waterproof mascara for thicker, more dramatic lashes, Stila Lash Visor is a good one.
Because I wasn’t wearing much makeup, there were moments when I felt a little self-conscious, like at the mall or the grocery store, but definitely not at the beach.
Do you find you wear more or less makeup when you go on vacation? I guess it really depends on what you’re doing, but what’s typical for you?
Anywho, before I start shivering too bad to type (even my booty bones are frozen), I’m gonna try to warm up by web surfing. I got the boards. Care to come with?
Saturday Surfing: Sites I Surfed Today
- Wow, this lip swatch of the limited edition MAC Nicki Minaj Pink 4 Friday lipstick is really, REALLY pink.
- Speaking of pink, have you seen Dior’s spring 2011 Avenue Montaigne Collection?
- Ben Nye’s Grand Lumiere Eyeshadow palette sports some seriously gorgeous greens.
- Anyone else excited about The Black Swan? This Q&A with the MAC team that worked on the film shows how they created the trademark look.
- The Lush King of Skin Body Butter is soooo bananas (B-A-N-A-N-A-S).
- Mad props to the genius who thought of combining Flashdance and Jane Austen for this snazzy sweatshirt.
- If you own a cat you’ve GOTTA read this. Skip straight to step four to see how it is to live with Tabs.
‘Cause that’s what I was born to do
Have a splendid Saturday!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,