Howdy, ladies. Hope yer havin’ a nice weekend so far. I’m getting ready to leave the house pretty soon and hopefully go to a movie (The Social Network; have you seen it?). I say hopefully because every time El Hub and I head out to catch a movie we get out the door a little too late and miss it.
Dontcha hate it when that happens?
What are you up today? Got any room in your life for $400 worth of MAC and Chanel makeup? Sorry, but let me just get something out of the way right now… You’re going to have to just forgive me for being pushy when it comes to Breast Cancer Awareness Month, because I AM going to keep asking you to show your support by emailing/linking to a picture of yourself holding your BCA sign like this. That’s all. I’m just sayin’.
And shoot, if we held the drawing today your odds of winning would be pretty damn good.
Oh, if you’ve already seen The Social Network and thought it was awful, QUICK! — send me an email to warn me! By the time I get it I’ll be in the car on the way to the theater, and you’ll have rescued me in the nick of time.
When you weren’t at the beach this morning, I went surfing without you.
Kidding! I wouldn’t do that. Come on, slow poke. Last one in’s a rotten egg!
New in Beauty & Random Surfing
- Looking for a budget eye makeup remover? Rae reviewed one of my FAVORITE drugstore gems from Rimmel — The Notice
- Okay, I suck. I missed No Makeup Week entirely. WOOSH! Went right over my head. — Beauty School Blog
- WOOT! Let’s here it for short-legged dogs! Being 5’1″ tall, I can really identify with my fellow “height-challenged” creatures, LOL! Check out these 22 pictures of dogs soaring through the air — Buzzfeed
- Speaking of small stuff, save this link for the next time you need teeny, tiny pastries for your dollhouse — What the Cool
- The shimmer in Orly’s Space Cadet polish is outta this world! — Laquerized
- Should you or shouldn’t you brush your hair with exactly 100 strokes every night? — We Heart This
- Two fun, easy ideas to wear color on your eyes — The Moptop Maven
- 25 amazing fan art pics giving props to the sword-wielding, unicorn-riding, @ss-kicking cartoon character, She-Ra (for the record, she’s the Princess of Power). She-Ra turned 25 this year. Damn…I thought she was a lot older than that — Flavorwire
- Love the clean styling of Ikea’s new baking book, but dayumâ€¦that’s a lot of butter, yo! — Today and Tomorrow
- When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I’m feeling sad; I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don’t feeeeeeeel so baaaaaad! (The Sound of Music movie cast is reuniting on Oprah!!) — Ny Mag
- For ye book nerds: The 100 best first lines from novels — American Book Review
- For ye font nerds: The Typeface Memory Game — BIS Publishers
- Let’s put in an offer on this shimmery pink pavilion — Fast Code Design
Do/did you ever watch Saved By the Bell…
Words of wisdom from the world’s oldest man
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,