Buongiorno, signorina! To quote many American toddlers during football season, “Touchdown!” Greetings from Milan. 🙂 I’m just getting settled in my hotel, but I couldn’t let a little jet lag and delirium (Italy is 9 hours ahead of the U.S. West Coast) stand between me and the Web. Are you ready for today’s intercontinental installment of Saturday Surfing?
I’ve only been in the city for a few hours, so I haven’t had a chance to explore very much, but the surrounding area is an interesting mix of rural houses, open tracts of land and high-rise buildings.
Lots of green!
…juxtaposed with random buildings like this one named after El Hub, ha ha!
A Milan street
See the rooftop garden across the way?
One of the first things I noticed here was how fashionable folks are. Within the span of 5 minutes, I saw a guy in leather pants with a well sculpted mohawk, another dude in a full-length faux fur, and a woman wearing a pair of crazy sky-high leopard print shoes.
Being fashion challenged myself, I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb, but hey, what can ya do? I just smile and hope for the best. 🙂
Have a great day today, and I’ll catch up with you soon. I think I need a quick nap…
Eh, it can wait a few minutes. Surf’s up!
Random Bright Spots
- Burt’s Bees Nutmeg lip shimmer looks like something my lips would love — theNotice
- FASCINATING: Do Men Prefer Women with Make-up? — Rabbit Write
- Okay, I think I found my new favorite bracelets (you know me and costume jewelry) — We Heart This
- $52.50 gets you 18 eyeshadows (most of them BRIGHT!) in the Kryolan Shimmering Vision Cream Base Eyeshadow Palette — Vampy Varnish
- Have you heard Lush’s Sacred Truth? — Kajal Couture
- Do you ever feel like you can’t/won’t wear lipstick? — My Women Stuff
- Repurpose makeup packaging to make a handy sewing kit — Eat, DINK and Be Merry
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,