Good morning and happy, happy Saturday, boo! How’d you sleep? I’m up early today to get ready to head to Lake Berryessa in Napa with El Hub. The cooler’s locked and loaded with picnic snacks and — you know it! — beauty goodies. 🙂
I dropped a few MAC wipes and my tube of Clinique All About Eyes Serum into a Ziploc baggie to keep them cool and dry in the cooler (cold wipes feel fantastic at the end of a day spent in the sun; ditto on the serum).
I’ll be away from the computer for a while (just a day trip), but before I roll — wait, what’s that sound?
It’s the sound of e-waves breaking on the beauty beach. Do you have some time to catch a few with me? Grab your board!
Random bright spots
- How to use liquid eyeliner — Bella Sugar
- 27 of the most iconic swimsuits of all time! Which one’s your fave? Mine is Marilyn’s ruffled polka dot two-piece! — Stylist
- Weird science! Look what happens when you POP Benefit’s Powderflage into a cup of water! — Secret Life of a Benefit Girl
- Lippmann goes for the glitter this fall with two new blinged-out nail polishes — All Lacquered Up
- Comment to win a trip MAC to the Beach — Face Candy
- What’s it like to get a salon treatment at Kerastase? — Hello Beauty!
- Kicking it poolside this weekend? Follow these tips to protect your lovely locks — Beautiful With Brains
- How to look cute while jogging — Makeup Files
- How to keep your tootsies from completely falling apart this summer — Beauty School Blog
- Could this be the fastest eye makeup remover of all time? — 15 Minute Beauty Fanatic
- Barielle wants to help you do a quicker at-home mani/pedi — Hello Dollface
- NO! Bjooti beauty blog is shutting down? *tears*— Bjooti
- Cowboy hip-hop. Yes, you read that correctly. 🙂 — Four Four
- An eyeshadow palette for surfer girls? Radical! — Blogdorf Goodman
- How miraculous is Caudalie’s Pulpe Vitaminee 1st Wrinkle Eye and Lip Cream? – Makeup4all
New in beauty
- WANT! — this Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Healthy Glow For Face & Cheeks Creme Colour Palette ($48)
- The Too Faced Leopard Love Complexion Perfection Kit comes with three powders to bronze, brighten and blush ($30). Yes, yes and yes.
- More from Too Faced, and doesn’t the first one have a great name? Lashgasm Mascara ($21) promises to dramatically lengthen lashes, Absolutely Flawless Concealer ($20) claims to erase stubborn dark circles (SCORE!), and Amazing Face SPF 15 ($32) says it offers weightless, flexible foundation coverage
- Color your world and your cheeks Tarte’s TEN Natural Cheek Stain ($30), a shimmery bright pink
- Even more from Tarte: At Ease Mircronized Clay Calming Concealer ($30) and Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder ($28)
- Fresh says their Soy Face Serum ($45) contains a potent blend of age-delaying (whatever happened to age-defying?) ingredients to hydrate and firm the skin
- Seriously, could this product’s name be any longer!? 🙂 Philosophy The Microdelivery Purifying Peel One-Minute Purifying Enzyme Peel ($40)
- Super cute! Tokidoki Cartina Blotting Paper ($10)
- Philosophy now makes PMS Cleansing Cloths (aka, Purity Made Simple Cleansing Cloths), $20
- What’s your take on this limited edition Marc Jacobs Daisy in the Air bottle ($88)?
- Armani says their Lasting Silk Compact Foundation SPF 30 ($59) gives a satiny matte finish to the skin
- Laura Mercier says her Sequin Eye Colors ($22) will make your eyes softly sparkle (perfect for 4th of July fireworks?)
I don’t understand a word of this song, but I still love it!
Have a great Saturday, girl, and I’ll see you soon!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,