- How to wear 1980s-style skirts — College Fashion
- Cool hair and makeup looks from Paris Fashion Week — Bella Sugar
- 5 October style tips — Icing
- L’Oreal Open Eyes Eyeshadow may open your eyes to purple — My Women Stuff
- Mmm… homemade butternut squash soup — We Heart This
- How to find time for everything — Smashing Magazine
- Totally digging this remix of Lenny’s Let Love Rule — Urban Delice
- Sephora now carries Philosophy makeup (TIP: Shop the online Friends and Family Sale, 20% off, Oct. 19 – Nov. 2 w/ code FF2009) — Sephora.com
- Cats + Makeup = Cuteness (click the pink box on the lower left) — Shu Uemura
- Color Club’s sparkly nail varnishes for a festive holiday look — Vampy Varnish
- 29 ways to change a habit — Zen Habits
- Tabs wants this shirt (even though it’s made for dogs)– BeanTownHandmade on Etsy
G’morning, ladies. Greetings on this fine fall Saturday.
Did you do anything fun last night? I planned to go to a movie but ended up staying in thanks to Hulu (multimedia crack!). Have you seen Flash Forward yet?
In the pilot, the entire population of the world simultaneously experiences a 2-minute-long blackout — just passing out whatever they’re doing and wherever they are. Planes fall from the sky, cars careen into buildings and pedestrians, and people just drop like sacks of potatoes everywhere, freaky!
While everyone’s out/under, they have dreams, but the dreams turn out to be visions of the future, of the same day six months from now.
The first show centers around one LA field office of the FBI, the families of the agents and the total mayhem and communication breakdown that follows a massive global catastrophe.
I like the sci-fi aspect (you know me), and the acting’s pretty good, too.
Got any plans today? I’ll probably stay local and do some cleaning at home. Yup, big fun.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,