Last week for date night El Hub and I went to the market! — the farmers’ market, in the nearby town of San Rafael.
Now, style icons like Carrie Bradshaw can probably strut down pot-holed streets and weave between vegetable stands in five-inch Manolos and marabou feather coats without skipping a beat, but I opted for more casual comfort in a tank top and jeans.
And basics, of course, don’t have to be sloppy or boring, not with the help of a few easy accessories.
Spruce Up Jeans and a Tank Top with…
- A tote bag in a fun print — This spacious blue and white one from Kate Spade is perfect for sightseeing because of how much it holds — everything from my wallet, to my camera, my makeup and all the late-summer produce I love (peaches, pluots and plums, yes please!). Plus, the colors match my jeans and top.
- A pair of colorful shoes — Don’t these dark purple Seychelles sandals pop beneath the outfit’s blue and white? Their comfy, low heel makes them perfect for standing in long lines at the kettle corn booth.
- A large textured scarf in neutral colors — Temps are falling around here after dusk, but it’s not cold enough yet for a jacket. This wide, striped scarf doesn’t just add texture to the outfit; it also doubles as a light wrap when there’s a chill in the air.
When looking for basics like a white tank top, I try to keep my eyes peeled for pieces with a little character, like the rope detailing of this top’s front and back.
A breakdown of the outfit…
- Jeans — J. Brand 811 Mid-Rise Skinny Leg (available now online)
- Shirt — Marshall’s (I don’t think it’s still available)
- Shoes — Seychelles (I haven’t seen these for a while)
- Scarf — H&M (they carry quite a few)
- Gold cuff — H&M (no longer available)
- Earrings — Wings Hawaii (check stores for availability)
- Bag — Kate Spade (this was from spring 2011, but check Kate Spade stores for availability)
What are some of your favorite casual outfits and accessories? I loves me some jeans (with a little stretch), cute hoodies and, of course, tank tops.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. I hope Monday’s treating you well. What did we have for lunch? I had a yummy spinach salad (but I’m still starved!).